63 coaches online • Server time: 00:07
Index Search Usergroups Profile
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New FUMBBL APIgoto Post Blocking in turn 16goto Post FULGINIUM BOWL 12 - ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
FinnDiesel

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2019 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Can’t wait for a Gloomspite Gitz roster Smile

Stunty Leeg Metagroup!!
Roto

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2019 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

FinnDiesel wrote:
Can’t wait for a Gloomspite Gitz roster Smile

I'll admit that the Gloomspite Gitz are giving me a little bit of trouble. As they aren't just Moonclan, but also Spiderfang, Troggoths, normal gobbos, and a few special things all rolled into one. I'm trying to find that sweet balance and not just make them too much like any one other goblin team.

About the only thing I am sure of, is that I want to make a special fanatic to represent the sporesplatta fanatic a part of the roster. Sill trying to think of how to make this difference both thematically and also rules wise.
Roto

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2019 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

So it's been a couple of days and I've managed to hammer out the Gloomsspite Gitz. This team was a pain to figure out. Not because I didn't have ideas, but because I had so many and wanted to keep them unique from the other Goblin teams. The Gloomspite Gitz are made up of many Goblin groups under the Bad Moon such as the Moonclan and Spiderfang. This was a headache since Night Goblins and Forest Goblins already exist.

Gloomspite Gitz have rallied under the light of the Bad Moon. I wanted to show the influence this has on Goblins by giving some of them Mutation access on doubles. I reserved this for the gobbos fluffy wise dealing with copious amounts of mushrooms (Gobbapalooza and Fanatics and Troggoths) or leading the goblin horde under the light of the Bad Moon (Loonboss). I like how this works fluff wise, but I'm not sure if it'll imbalance things play wise. I'll have to see as games are played.

I spent a fair bit reading and rereading the Gloomspite Gitz battletome trying to figure out how I wanted to approach the team. In the end, I stumbled upon the epiphiny of making the Gobbapalooza a main focus of the team roster. In fluff, they are a group of the greating wizards the Gloomspite have. In the team roster, they can become just about anything and fulfill just about any roll. I'm a big fan of the special rules for teams in league play that you can find among various SL teams such as the Night Goblins. I decided that upon purchasing a Gobbapalooza, there would be a random chance of what kind of goblin you're actually getting. With their skill options, all of the options are beneficial to the team. Some more than others maybe, but that's Nuffles for you *shrugs*

For those of you who have looking through the battletome and at the new Fanatic, you might be wondering where I got the skills that I did. Since their Fantatics are swinging around large mushroom cloud spewing balls, I wanted them to be different. I gave them Disturbing Presence and Prehensile tail to signify the clouds of toxic mushrooms surrounding them. I, of course, increased their cost to reflect this compared to a normal fanatic.

The Snuffler, was one that I was rather excited to include in the team roster. They were a new model introduced in the Gloomspite Gitz battletome and use small pet squigs to hunt down their prey/targets. I represented this by stab and shadowing. I think these guys will require a big of smart play simply because shadowing on a St2/Av7 stunty positional is a very dangerous place to be.

The Troggoth is actually something I'm still on the fence about. The Gloomspite Gitz have big Troggoths, Mangler Squigs, and Giant Spiders in their arsenal. I didn't want to include all of them, and had to make a choice. I settled on the Troggoth for the traditional flying circus that Goblins are well known for. I made them somewhat more reliable than a normal Goblin's Troll to help balance the fact that I only gave them one. These, I feel makes them slightly more reliable and able to actually function and perform screening duty without a Goblin planted firmly by their side. Only time will tell if this was a good move or not.

Gloomspite Gitz
0-16 Goblin 40K 6237 Stunty, Dodge, Right Stuff A/GS
0-1 Fanatic 100K 3717 Stunty, Ball & Chain, No Hands, Disturbing Presence, Prehensile Tail, Secret Weapon 6+ S/GAM
0-2 Snuffler 80K 6237 Stunty, Dodge, Stab, Shadowing A/GSP
0-4 Gobbapalooza 80K 6237 *, Dodge, Stunty, Sure Feet, Sprint, Right Stuff GA/SM
0-1 Loonboss 90K 6338 Stunty, Dodge GAP/SM
0-1 Troggoth 110K 4519 Loner, Bonehead, Mighty Blow, Regeneration, Throw Teammate, Always Hungry S/GAM
Reroll 60k
*In open play, the Gobbapalooza will take the skills as listed above. In league play, the Gobbapalooza will lose Sure Feet, Sprint, and Right Stuff and will instead roll d6 upon hiring and take the skills as listed below instead:
1) Leap, Very Long Legs (Shroomancer)
2) Hypnotic Gaze (Boggleye)
3) Sure Feet, Sprint (Spiker)
4) Foul Appearance, Mighty Blow (Scaremonger)
5) Fan Favorite (Brewgit)
6) Tentacle, Prehensile Tail (Webspinner Shaman)
almic85

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2019 - 05:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Roto wrote:
almic85 wrote:
Are you sure you don’t mean Nighthaunt instead of Shadespire?

Shadespire is the city that the Warhammer Underworld game is set in.

Nighthaunt is the army made up of ghosts.

Actually a faction of Nighthaunt led by the Briar Queen is pretty much Shadespire focused. As that's where she got banished to by Nagash. It's why I kinda tried to focus that team more around the Briar Queen and her retinue.

I understand that there is a specific Nighthaunt group that lines up with the Shadespire miniatures which includes the Briar Queen, but every faction has a small group of models that are specific to Shadespire. It seems odd that you are applying this name to the Briar Queen and her retinue (who are the exact same stats as chainrasps), but not to Mollogs Mob or the Eyes of the Nine which actually have unique models for Shadespire.

As far as I am aware the Briar Queen warscrolls for AOS are limited to the Briar Queen herself and the Thorns of the Briar Queen. The rest are all generic Nighthaunt models.

You should jump on the Warscroll Builder on Warhammer Community and reference some of the faction names off there for consistency with AOS as well as giving you a good base of what units are in each faction.

Also doing a bit of digging through the various AOS models rules the Spirit Hosts are much bigger and tougher than Chainrasps. In fact the Cairn Wraith (4 wounds) is the only one of the creatures you have listed that has more wounds than the Spirit Hosts (which have 3 wounds). The rest are all man sized creatures with 1 wound.

EDIT - To try and be a bit more constructive it is probably worth keeping in mind that most of the existing Bloodbowl teams are based on generic linemen (which are the basic infantry unit of the faction) with a couple of positionals (which can be elite units) and big guy (Think a large model with 4 wounds like the a troggoth or an ogor in AOS speak).

If you start trying to throw everything into each faction you will end up with team lists with too many positionals (like what you are getting with the Gloomspite Gitz) and they start to get a little bit out of control.

If you start to get more than 3-4 positionals on a team something is going wrong and you need to see if you break that faction down further.

If you start from the top you can quickly see which factions already exist (Seraphon, Ironguts, Ironjaws, Maggotkin) and which can be easily created with only minr adjustment of existing rosters (Everchosen could be 0-4 Chaos Warriors from Chaos Chosen and 0-16 Maruaders from Chaos Pact, plus a big guy chosen for flavour; Flesheaters could be 0-16 Ghouls with new rules for 0-1 Crypt Horror, 0-1 Crypt Flayer).

You are also going to hit the issue that a lot of what makes AOS special is the big stuff that just doesn't fit on a BloodBowl pitch or needs to be really scaled back in order to not murder everything else on the pitch (like the existing Khorne roster for BloodBowl).

If you're interested join the Fringe
FinnDiesel

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2019 - 12:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Free People’s army?

Stunty Leeg Metagroup!!
 Jump to: