32 coaches online • Server time: 01:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2014 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

0-16 Nagash Skeletons: | Thick Skull | 5/3/2/7 G/SAP | 40K
0-6 Followers of Nagash | Variable | Special | Aminomsity* | Variable

Rerolls: 70 K

Apothicary: No

Necromancer: Will turn any killed opponent into a Nagash Skeleton

Star Players: Khemri

Followers: Undead, Khemri, Undead Pirate, Ethereal

The team may spend up to 500K on players from the teams listed above. No duplicate players may be bought. The players you pick from this list get the nega-trait Animosity in edition to their normal skills.

*Animosity works like it does on the Estalia team, every player is considered their own race.

Background: At first Nagash was displeased with the rise of Blood Bowl, for the lack of war meant less bodies to rise from their graves. Yet, his few remaining allies from the Khemri convinced the proclaimed god of necromancy that the void left by the war could be filled with all that die playing the sport.

So, Nagash sent his Undead Hordes and Khemri allies to play the game. Even the Undead Pirates and the souls of the dead rose to join on the field. For a long time, Nagash's dead were a dominate force, able to beat other teams in strength and were able to win almost any war of attrition. Then, things changed. Rats and Elves ran circles around the shambling corpses, the tide of Chaos put many of the undead back into the grave. Khemri from cities that threw Nagash off his throne returned to the game.

Nagash would none of this. He gathered loyal followers, plus a large amount of withering skeletons, and set about creating his own teams.

Rational: This runs on the basic idea of the Tilea team, as an "Undead Pact" team. It follows the same rules. https://fumbbl.com/help:TileaT

The linemen were an obvious choice, skeletons, since that is closer to Nagash's troop list over zombies. I took away their ability to regenerate, however, just to give this team a weakness, for I feared it could be too good.

Choosing which teams Nagash could pull from was a bit tricky. There are only four Undead teams in CRP. I decided against Necromantic teams, since A. Most of the positionals are duplicates from the Undead, B Werewolves do not make any sense to follow Nagash from a fluff perspective C. I didn't want this just to become a Undead team with werewolves.

I passed on Vampires because I didn't want this team to have much access to high agility and Vampires without thralls is only begging for disaster.

Having a combination of Khermi and Undead would be boring, so I decided to use players from Garrions "Secret" League. The alternate Khemri city rosters wouldn't make sense from a fluff perspective. Again, I passed over the alternate vampire rosters as well. I considered Necarch, but I didn't want more redundancy and the Necarch's don't strike me as the type to leave their fortresses and are busy doing other things.

I settled on adding the Undead Pirate and the Etheral Rosters. This gives the roster a wide range of players for some interesting combinations. The 500 K cap on alternate players, plus the lack of regenerating linemen, the poor cross player ball handling, and general sluggishness of the team should keep it in check.

Last edited by notbobby125 on %b %11, %2014 - %06:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
cameronhawkins

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2014 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know what arena you're intending this for (league, ranked, a small TT league, or grander places), but I humbly recommend starting from a tested and balanced roster, then branching outward. For example, the basic Undead roster has a wide variety of positions, and also has two 0-16 type players, so you could try taking away some things and giving more things. (I would always err on the side of 'weak') On the other hand, the Necromantic roster is a bit better balanced, so perhaps that would be a better starting place.

I would also recommend against using new rules any such roster, especially if you ever would like to test it out on the FUMBBL client.
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2014 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

cameronhawkins wrote:
I don't know what arena you're intending this for (league, ranked, a small TT league, or grander places), but I humbly recommend starting from a tested and balanced roster, then branching outward. For example, the basic Undead roster has a wide variety of positions, and also has two 0-16 type players, so you could try taking away some things and giving more things. (I would always err on the side of 'weak') On the other hand, the Necromantic roster is a bit better balanced, so perhaps that would be a better starting place.

I would also recommend against using new rules any such roster, especially if you ever would like to test it out on the FUMBBL client.

This isn't the first attempt at making a team (here is a proposal I made for a werewolf team https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=24656 ). I also didn't intend this for one playing field over another. It was just a fun idea that popped into my head and I decided to post it.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2014 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I kinda like your thinking on a lot of this. So it's basically an undead version of the Tilean team....right? (Ok, read down now, I'm correct).

There were 2 regiments of renowned that when they killed their opponents, they rose from the dead to join the ranks. I'm thinking of adding rules for these at some point. Reading about them would probably help you too!
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2014 - 07:50 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Yeah, I kinda like your thinking on a lot of this. So it's basically an undead version of the Tilean team....right? (Ok, read down now, I'm correct).

There were 2 regiments of renowned that when they killed their opponents, they rose from the dead to join the ranks. I'm thinking of adding rules for these at some point. Reading about them would probably help you too!

I would read about them if I knew where to look. Do you have any where in particular in mind?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2014 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Well thinking about it, it's a little different to your concept. I do adore the original Tilean concept, I think it was Plasmoid's idea.

The 2 regiements I'm talking about are 'Cursed Company' and 'Nightmare Legion'. Both would be good in BB.
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2014 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

The Cursed Company.

Cursed Human Lineman: 0-16 40K 5/3/2/7 Regeneration, Thick Skull G/SAP

Cursed Goblin: 0-1 30K 5/2/2/6 Regeneration, Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty, Thick Skull, Catch A/GSP

Cursed Longbeard: 0-2 70K 3/3/1/9 Block, Regeneration GS/AP

Cursed Orc blitzers: 0-2 80K 5/3/2/8 Rgeneration, Thick Skull, Block GS/AP

Cursed Saurus: 0-2 5/4/1/8 80K Regeneration, Thick Skull, No Hands GS/AP

Cursed High Elf Thrower: 80K 0-2 5/3/3/7 Regeneration Thick Skull, Safe Throw, Pass GAP/S

Rerolls: 60K
Apothicary: No
Necromancer: Any enemy player killed is placed onto the team as a cursed player. A cursed player loses 1 agility, one movement value, one armor, and mutation access. It will gain regeneration and keeps all previously gained skills (including mutations) and Star Player Points. If the player has thick skull, it will lose thick skull but retain it's current armor value instead. If the killed player has 1 agility, they gain "No Hands." Does not work on Star Players.

Star Players: Human.

Rational:

The Cursed Company was a special unit in Warhammer, led by a cursed mercenary named Ritcher. Anyone that he killed would serve as part of his company. From what havestmouse can tell, in his company figurines, there is an Orc, Lizardman, Dwarf Ironbreaker, a Skaven, High Elf standard bearer, a Goblin musician and Richter himself.

For the most part, as Havestmouse and Garion suggested, I just gave every positional -1 to their movement, agility, and armor, adding in thick skull and regeneration, while keeping them the same price, barring the goblins and Longbeards.

Longbeards but still retain their heavy armor. I also gave Goblins and Gutters catch so they would have SOME ball handling ability.

HarvestMouse suggested having the Necromancer turn the killed enemies into weakened versions of them (-1 movement, agility, and armor).

I went with Humans as the star players, just since Ritcher would never fight with those who cursed him (I.E. Undead, Vampire, or Khemri players) and he himself once was human.

* I suggest to Garrion to just reuse Ithaca's model for the lineman, or at least make it one possible appearance. Maybe take various armor for lineman of different races and replace the head and limbs with skeleton ones.

Original idea was from Harvestmouse, added suggestions from selfy_74 and Garion.

Last edited by notbobby125 on %b %27, %2014 - %10:%Aug; edited 23 times in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2014 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

nice team, nice theme, linemen should be 40k though, also fling should have flings skills imo, the dwarf, gutter and hElf need to lose a point of Ma as well imo.

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2014 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm liking this idea.

I might change halfling to cursed goblin 0-2 5/2/2/7 Regen. stunty, dodge, right stuff. I'd also change the gutter to a wood elf catcher. And I would make sure that each player type had -mv and -ag from the alive player. Other than that I think the idea and theme is great, mate.

Edit: Ogre doesn't have a cost.

Selfy_74: Verified Stunty Leeg Master

harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2014 - 02:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't remember off of the top of my head what my original idea for this team was. Firstly, they're all skeletons, so you need to meld a high elf with a skeleton statwise.

Secondly the available figures (also off the top of my head were) An orc, Lizardman, Dwarf Ironbreaker (defo blitzer), a skaven, High Elf standard bearer (0-1), named goblin musician (0-1) and Richter himself.

So to work out the stats, I'd go like this:

human 6 3 3 8
skeleton 5 3 2 7 thick skull

thus in becoming a skeleton a player loses 1 ma, 1 ag, 1 av and gains thick skull. As the Dwarf Iron Breaker already has thick skull, but the figure comes with his armour still, he could keep the av point.

So a high elf lineman would be: 5 3 3 7 thick skull.

The team now is quite weak, so Richter could be added to the team to keep it all together.

Kills by the team (or Richter) turns that player into a skeleton. e.g. he is recruited from a standard player of that position, but he loses -1 ma, -1 ag, -1 av and gains thick skull. If the player already has thick skull. i.e. dwarfs and big guys, he keeps his point of av (to simulate being heavy armoured.

In this way you could recruit skeleton wardancers if you are lucky etc etc
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2014 - 05:40 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
I can't remember off of the top of my head what my original idea for this team was. Firstly, they're all skeletons, so you need to meld a high elf with a skeleton statwise.

Secondly the available figures (also off the top of my head were) An orc, Lizardman, Dwarf Ironbreaker (defo blitzer), a skaven, High Elf standard bearer (0-1), named goblin musician (0-1) and Richter himself.

So to work out the stats, I'd go like this:

human 6 3 3 8
skeleton 5 3 2 7 thick skull

thus in becoming a skeleton a player loses 1 ma, 1 ag, 1 av and gains thick skull. As the Dwarf Iron Breaker already has thick skull, but the figure comes with his armour still, he could keep the av point.

So a high elf lineman would be: 5 3 3 7 thick skull.

The team now is quite weak, so Richter could be added to the team to keep it all together.

Kills by the team (or Richter) turns that player into a skeleton. e.g. he is recruited from a standard player of that position, but he loses -1 ma, -1 ag, -1 av and gains thick skull. If the player already has thick skull. i.e. dwarfs and big guys, he keeps his point of av (to simulate being heavy armoured.

In this way you could recruit skeleton wardancers if you are lucky etc etc

Here is the best imagine I could get of the company.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2009/10/13/58305_md-Cursed%20Company.JPG

But, yeah, it seems most of them are orcs, so I will change the linemen to "cursed orcs" and make the killed characters turn into standard skeletons instead.

Edit, decided against it, kept linemen as they were, but I added orc blitzers instead.
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2014 - 06:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
nice team, nice theme, linemen should be 40k though, also fling should have flings skills imo, the dwarf, gutter and hElf need to lose a point of Ma as well imo.

I have changed the halfling into a goblin (I mistook the tiny skeleton model for a halfling, not the goblin) and gave it the relevant skills. I am still giving it catch so it has some ball handling skills.

Cut the movement as suggested, and I took someone else's suggestion and replaced the Ogre with Ritcher instead. I also did change how the Necromancer works for this team, although I am not sure the fumbbl client could handle it as I have written it.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2014 - 09:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I personally wouldn't have Richter Kreugar in. He is a warhammer character so doesn't quite seem right. If you want him included I think he would be better as a star player. The other two star players could be Ennio Mordini and Renzo Avanti from the nightmare legion.

As for the necromancer this would all have to be done post match by the league admin.

based purely on his WFB profile I would make him -
Richter Kreugar
5438 Thick Skull, Regenerate, Block, Mighty Blow, Dauntless, Leader, Loner

The two from the nightmare legion you have more of a free reign to do what ever you want with really.

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2014 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Well eventually I plan to do all RoR for SLC......probably in about 20 years, as they're not high on the priority list. The Cursed Company however are one of the more interesting ones. I already did a Long Drong Slayer icon.

Nightmare Legion I feel are sufficiently different to have their own team. They'll be pretty similar though.

My plan is that Tilean's would have the option (in my part anyway) to take RoRs; just like in Warhammer.

I like the idea of Richter holding the team together, that was certainly my plan. The figures came in 2 packs. Rank and files (skaven, orc, lizardman and dwarf ironbreaker) and a command unit (Richter, gobbo and High Elf). So there's no need for the 'as far as I can tell' bit. Also please bear in mind, I will be using my original ideas (but would credit you if you did come up with something I wanted to add).

As for raising the dead, that would be handled by the site, not the client. So Christer wouldn't code it, Commissioners would have to do it manually.

Also without wishing to sound arsey, if you are going to go back and change your posts; you need to note the sources for the ideas. Remember Cursed Company was my idea, and for changes offered; there are a lot of 'I's.

A big difference between nightmares and Cursed is that with the nightmare the original group is important, where as the Cursed's it's a wider mix of skeletons being added. So although in warhammer Curseds replaced Nightmares. There's a big enough difference to fit in both teams.

On a different note, I did some Skaven Scrambler icons today. Really happy with the blitzer.
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2014 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
I personally wouldn't have Richter Kreugar in. He is a warhammer character so doesn't quite seem right. If you want him included I think he would be better as a star player. The other two star players could be Ennio Mordini and Renzo Avanti from the nightmare legion.

As for the necromancer this would all have to be done post match by the league admin.

based purely on his WFB profile I would make him -
Richter Kreugar
5438 Thick Skull, Regenerate, Block, Mighty Blow, Dauntless, Leader, Loner

The two from the nightmare legion you have more of a free reign to do what ever you want with really.

Ok, I just brought back the Ogre instead of Richter.
 Jump to: