42 coaches online • Server time: 13:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Bakunin

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2015 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

If your opponent rage quits (after a blitz) with a disconnection and you still want to play the game. After a week of trying to reschedule, do you get a win by concession or does the rage quiter get a "free" unschedule
charlie1331

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2015 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Not an expert but I'll chime in anyway. Your rage-quitter will most likely get the 'free unschedule' if you're unable to find a time to continue your match. Ideally he'd concede the match, but without any admission on his part the only thing a Moderator can do is unscheduled the teams.

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Well you haven't followed the site rules as under the help section. Always check there first. If you contact a member of staff after a disconnection he will guide you through the process and now you would indeed get a concession if it's as you laid it out.

Now.....depends on the situation, you may have to wait another week.
tussock

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=help&op=rules

Under "disconnections". You get your team back, it's up to the administrators what sanctions apply to your opponent, but real life happens and not every game gets finished. You don't have to stop trying to reschedule though, just because it's been a week, that's up to you, and you didn't have to wait a week if you just wanted the team back.

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

The short answer is report it, and the admins will tell you what happens.

My understanding is you're obliged to wait for them to continue the game, but once it's clear they won't they'll suffer significant penalties and you'll get unscheduled. It won't be a concession since it would be against the concession rules for them to have conceded in that situation.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

No sorry Irgy. If you follow the rules and try to get the game played, after one week you are awarded a concession. This is then marked as an 'Admin Awarded Concession'.

He might still get it, he might have to wait another week, I cannot judge that as I don't know the situation.
Uedder

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Always report to the admins in these situations. They're a lovely bunch of kind and reactive fellas.
DeZigma

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

My expo here on this side is that u will find very low amount of rage quitters..., so mostly it's other probelem ...

give everyone a second chance...
cdassak

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Just make sure to claim the 'concession' because they may just unschedule the game if you dont

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 01:04 Reply with quote Back to top

DeZigma wrote:
My expo here on this side is that u will find very low amount of rage quitters..., so mostly it's other probelem ...

give everyone a second chance...

Have you seen the amount of rage quitters on cyanide? we are getting a influx of people coming here from cyanide so expect rage quits to rise while the admins get rid of them.

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to be clear (it was linked above, but here is the full text of the disconnection section):

Disconnections
    If your opponent is disconnected during a game please wait for 15 minutes to see if he or she returns.

If your opponent does not return within this period of time you can, if you want, call the game off and move on to find another game. If you do so, the started game is completely abandoned together with any SPPs or injuries that had taken place. If you want to complete the game, you can not use the team in other games until the current game has been resolved. Either way, you should send a PM to the opponent to state your decision to him/her.

Should you choose to call off a game, contact a staff member to assist you freeing up your team for further play.

If you get disconnected you must, upon returning to the site, contact your opponent in order to explain what happened and offer to resume the game. If your opponent is not online or not contactable when you return, you must send a PM with the offer and try to schedule a time to resume it. If there is no reply to this PM within 24 hours of sending it, you may call off the game as explained above and you should send another PM telling your opponent of your decision.

If the server goes offline or if the remaining coach leaves before the stated 15 minutes both coaches are considered to have disconnected and should act as explained above.

I have bolded the part that new players often forget to do (in my experience). You have to send a message to your opponent after 15 minutes to let them know what you're doing. Sometimes players don't do this, and the OTHER player (who disconnected) reports the game to admins to get unscheduled. If you didn't PM your opponent about the disconnect, then you can't expect admins to award you the game, and the may well just unschedule it. Don't make more work for them - follow the rules!

Jump to: