23 coaches online • Server time: 08:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
almic85

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2017 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

To be clear from my side I didn't mean that people deliberately lose matches to get demoted, but there are coaches that will be planning their run to Prem many seasons in advance to try and build a perfect team for their run at the title.

There are plenty on here that have and will put team building over winning, especially when they end up back in reggies or think they have no chance in their conference so start planning for next season.

It's just something you do when you think you are no longer going to rank top in your division and get promoted.

What I was actually referring to though was that by reducing the income stream for reggies you further incentivise coaches to promote to and stay in conferences as well as somewhat forcing rebuilds of teams that have been relegated (arguably because the team is not built efficiently).

P.s. I am fully aware that I sound like a dirty minmaxer above, but at some point you have to learn to build a team efficiently or enjoy losing. Right now I enjoy losing.

If you're interested join the Fringe
Semitence

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2017 - 01:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't think of anyone who has won prem that played in reggies for more than two seasons.
D_Arquebus

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2017 - 02:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Efficiency is bollocks and sucks some of the fun outta the game for me. All those skills that noone can ever take in the name of "efficiency" Sad

Also at times an excuse for just sloppy play. C*A*S are headed back to Reggies due to poor play, not inefficiency. The "efficient" Pact teams in SWL have been brutally b#%/$-slapped by the much more efficient (by inherent roster design) Chaos, Nurgle, and Chorf builds by much larger margins then I have ever been.

Im not sure how one can "dominate" if they arent promoting? If they are in fact poorly designed inefficient teams then lean mean reggies should be able to overcome them, and by the gist of this discussion are doing so. Where then is the problem? Smile

**EDIT** I am not against the notion of staggered rebuy amounts based on Reggies, Conf, Prem though. It does give a solid inducement (ahem) to promote and rewards non-relegation. Just against the notion of "efficiency" being the driving goal of team design. Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2017 - 08:09 Reply with quote Back to top

"The Confs too hard for ya, mate?"

D_Arquebus

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2017 - 09:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Nah mate, just following in the footsteps of their idols the Wonga Wink Razz

Want one of them Reggie Titles for their trophey cabinet too... trophey envy.... Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2017 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

The Whalekillers will tell you that emotional eating of several tubs of Reggiemite, can mitigate some of the shame.
RedMaul

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2017 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

i have no idea what's going on.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2017 - 11:13
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Doddle has just celebrated their 50th Blooder game. Shamelessly picking since pre-LIX.

They must have got a bit excited as they weren't their usual spp sharing selves (only the MVP 5spp went to the opposition), and they weren't their usual gentle selves either (killed a linefrog - naughty!)

But overall, they are a gentle bunch. Some stats:

700spp gifted to Drafters in 50 games - average 14spp/game

Accident rate, 8 rostered Drafter players permanently maimed in 50 games - average 16%

Cas Diff -57
TD Dif +71

meow!
Foad

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2017 - 11:18 Reply with quote Back to top

So... SWL Season 64 kicked off March 21st if memory serves correctly...

Does that mean SWL Season 68 is around the corner?

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2017 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

So with today's cancellation of the Skinks vs Colliders, this means that this season, PSA is the only team in all of Prem to have played all 7 games (aka, not involved in any forfeits for or against).

Is this a first? Only one side in a season to actually play all 7 in Prem?

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2017 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Foad wrote:

Won't we be waiting for all the changes to be sorted out?
Luohghcra

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2017 - 03:40 Reply with quote Back to top

RedMaul wrote:
Foad wrote:

Won't we be waiting for all the changes to be sorted out?

Next season is due to start 27/3.

We are surely hoping the changes are sorted out, but rest assured the SWLadmin team are chatting about this very issue.

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2017 - 04:15 Reply with quote Back to top

The Cult off Monroe would like to have another crack in season 68

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2017 - 06:20 Reply with quote Back to top

What issues are going on? Do you mean with the site changing over rulesets? Seems like the only one that's an issue is PO and we've already decided how we're doing that. Can't you just untick the PO league box?

I knew I was clicking PO for the last time the other night. I wept a little bit as I saw those poor CPOMBer pixels on the ground that he would never again be rerolling a stunned into a kill. Godspeed Caging Chris.
cdwat

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2017 - 07:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Fortis wrote:
What issues are going on? Do you mean with the site changing over rulesets?

The inducement system has changed.

Bio template here.
 Jump to: