55 coaches online • Server time: 20:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Irgy

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2018 - 05:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't even know where to read the rules you're all talking about
Sharper

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2018 - 05:46 Reply with quote Back to top

The new redrafting rules are in DeathZone 1.
New rules are not available for free (unless you find somewhere dodgy to download from).
Irgy

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2018 - 06:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I'd worked out about that much.

As far as I understand they can't be made available, and the content can't be copied, but they can legally be described using different words. This seems to have been done for all the other changes but I can't find this one anywhere.
tussock

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2018 - 06:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Right, basic rules change summary, beyond the names of the new rules.

--

Expensive Mistakes has been implemented from the BB16 ruleset.

This means, post game
If your treasury is 100k+, you can lose 10-30k, 2/6 chance.
If your treasury is 200k+, you can also lose half it, 1/6 chance, 3/6 total to lose something.
If your treasury is 300k+, you can also lose almost all, 1/6 chance, 4/6 total "".
Plus more losing it all at 400k+ and 500k+, but really, don't go there.

This happens when readying your team, after post-match spending, and you should not ready your team after game 7 as you're not supposed to roll it then and it'd be extra admin work to fix.

The BB16 post-season roster rules will be implemented as close as possible.

After the season ends, teams will raise funds to reconstruct their team, we'll get you the cash you need. You can keep old players or buy new ones, up to you. Fan Factor is free, everything else you buy like a new team, plus you can buy your current players back for their skilled TV cost (so a Guard+MB Dorf Blocker costs 110k). 11 players minimum, we probably can't remove any apothecary at this point.

Older players may cost more to buy back after a few seasons. This won't come up early on, but you may as well replace all the 0spp rookies, and also any permanently injured players unless you can't live without them.

Team value limit is then 1000 + 70 + 5/Cas + 5/TD + your treasury after game 7 + free Fan Factor. Teams may enter prem after a good season at pretty big size, and grow through the season from there! Teams dropping to reggies after a bad one may be quite small indeed. Time will tell.

If your team gets smashed during a season, it's instant recovery, a mitigation of game 7 disasters before entering prem. If your team rolls up a dozen multiple stat freaks by game 7, you may struggle to carry them all if you lose your treasury to EM or lack in getting enough TDs and Cas. Good luck!

The BB16 rules for petty cash inducements have been implemented.

This means when you spend cash at inducement time, which you can do automatically without needing to add it, so be careful there, your opponent does not get any extra inducements. Also, the smaller team only needs to top up their inducements, with a 30k TV difference the smaller team can spend 50k on a Babe as 30k free + 20k treasury.

--

Note that you need Treasury to grow your team in season, to buy up the perfect inducements, and to rebuy your team between seasons! If you carry a lot, you will roll for Expensive Mistakes. Spend it wisely, save up later, check out what other teams are carrying, discuss strategies here and in discord.

What are you planning? Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2018 - 07:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Daudy wrote:
Another thing to add is, often there really isn't any incentive to run up a cricket score in TDs if you have control of the game for a variety of reasons.

You squeak for yourself, Matey Jim!

Hearing the crowd go nutz is incentive enough for my band of shallow, egotistical, web footed show ponies, and Kroakland will definitely be scoring at every possible opportunity.

Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2018 - 07:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Daudy wrote:
Another thing to add is, often there really isn't any incentive to run up a cricket score in TDs if you have control of the game for a variety of reasons.

That's, yes, for LRB6, but there sort of is a bit of incentive to run up a cricket score now, as it happens. There's also less cost for getting your gumbies a bit bashed up on the line, depending on there being sufficient gumbies remaining in play.

And actual practice, who ends up winning and how they've been playing the game, that will indeed be interesting to see. If you can get turnovers with a bashy team and enough speed about to run 'em in, well, that could make for quite a bonus, both in terms of skill gain now and carrying those accumulating skills through.

But you do have to make the pickups, so having some, well, an AG 4 stunty big hand is nice. Go the Underworld! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2018 - 08:06 Reply with quote Back to top

So, you need to save your cash all season to rebuy your players (and RR's too apparently) at the end, but you can't because of Expensive Mistakes...

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2018 - 08:32 Reply with quote Back to top

190k is the sweet spot re avoiding losing half of your dosh.

And score quickly and often plus hurt people doing it... Razz

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2018 - 08:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Smegish wrote:
So, you need to save your cash all season to rebuy your players (and RR's too apparently) at the end, but you can't because of Expensive Mistakes...

No no no,

ALSO the players who aren't taking damage (probably winning, that is) have an incentive to induce no-response bribes and chainsaws against you, or else just lose that money to EM. And this nets them more cas for the rebuy.
D_Arquebus

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2018 - 08:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Bribes and Chainsaws (on offense) dont give you more money Relezite... SPPs CAS only Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2018 - 08:43 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:
Teams may enter prem after a good season at pretty big size, and grow through the season from there! Teams dropping to reggies after a bad one may be quite small indeed. Time will tell.

Not after the first season they won't. And with only 200k + 7 games worth of TD/CAS cash (no friendlies, I doubt any support for DZ2 stadiums), then they won't for many seasons after that too.

Unless by may you mean *may .

* meaning of the word 'may' may change without prior notice. Customers will be informed of changes at the discretion of management.
D_Arquebus

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2018 - 08:57 Reply with quote Back to top

1,000,000 (starting cash) + 70k (Games) +100k (20x combined TDs/CAS) + 160k-190k (Bank give or take 30k lost due Minor Issues) + Free FF...

1,330k - 1,360k + FF of approx 5-ish (draws likely to go up when low). So 1,380 - 1,410k TV for end of first season. Pending coach pushing on Money and TDs/ CAS Smile . Nothing stopping you growing larger then this... just need to cull at season end.

Removing MNGs between seasons, can replace unskilled players to reset their "Season Totals" for wants to retire, and also permed players. And chance to remove Niggles.

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2018 - 11:47 Reply with quote Back to top

It’s going to be quite the balancing act. I’m so used to “shutting it down” in certain situations that the thought of scoring early feels anathema to me.

I suppose that’s going to have to change. Is it?

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2018 - 11:55 Reply with quote Back to top

So the TV limit set for most TT tourneys is about as big as we can expect to get to and maintain...

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2018 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

OMG. This is just too confusing for me.

Can I just play and let someone smarter manage my team for me. PLEASE?