49 coaches online • Server time: 19:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IV
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mezir

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, just about everybody can beat that. And now they'll arrive in droves to do just that. Pandora's Box, opened once more.

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I once rolled a skull. It was horrible. Waaaaa.

M

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I rolled a double skulls! I'm twice as unlucky as you are!

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

i re-rolled double skulls and got more doubel skulls so that makes me twice as unlucky again.

SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

guess what guys, ive had worse still!

I rolled triple skulls with a mino on a stunty, I used Pro, it worked but only for me to roll another 3 skulls!

Its kinda funny now i think about it! Razz
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

brownrob wrote:

I rolled triple skulls with a mino on a stunty, I used Pro, it worked but only for me to roll another 3 skulls!

Its kinda funny now i think about it! Razz

Heh, that salty old pro really knew how to screw up a block eh? Takes a Pro to do that kind of thing...

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

<i>Once little Jumbo's mother was killed by AIDS. His father was killed in a civil war. He and his sister are currently starving and there is nothing indicating that their situation will ever improve.</i>

But that little bastard never experienced the eternal pain connected with rolling double skull, RR, double skull! OMG! LOL! I Rolled a 1! Arrrgh, b-b-b-b-brain overload...
Hammerhiem

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2005 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

if you think about it, the only reason we notice the low rolls is because it ends the turn, if we roll a sucsess we carry on rolling which means that statisticly there is a growing chance of us rolling a 1 eventually.

1 in 6 rolls will be a 1 but if that 1 comes on the first roll not the 6th, it's 1 in 1 rolls. Still doesn't mean it's not 1 in 6 though, just that we didn't get to see the other 5.

logically enough we notice that more than when it comes on the 6th roll.

I quit fumbbl once because the RnG just isn't random, but about a couple of months later is came up in conversation with a friend who has a degree in maths and he put it like that, makes sence to me and allows me to take it on the chin a lot better than what i used to.

arghh bumflaps , another fumble. Why can't these Gobbo's just pick the ball up?
mulvax

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

"1 is the lonliest number that you'll ever know". I say we switch it up and make 6 always fail and 1 always succeed. 1 has been the scapegoat for too long. DOWN WITH THE 6'S!
xen7ric

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I've got an example for people to beat. Have a look at the 1st half of this game... We sucked so much I couldn't concentrate from laughing.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=864264

Seem to remember I had less than 30% luck at the end of the 1st half and my opponent had failed to pick up the ball on about 6 turns...
Buur

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Its kinda funny now i think about it!

Well i once rolled tripleskull and failed my pro and then rolled triple skull again.....
- and when we got home our fathers would kills us with a bread knife and dance on our grave sining haleluja! And try telling it to
the youg today and they wont belive a word of what you say!
-Buur

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I once played a game where I managed 1 die roll in the first half. It was in turn 8 naturally I failed the roll after that one to pick up the ball Smile
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

I once played a game where I managed 1 die roll in the first half.

So all your blocks were skulls ? Wow.
Dunkpork

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

While all this is true, I still think the java number generator has a suspicious tendency to reroll 1's. Especially if the reroll is automatic or invoked very quickly. If one waits for 5-10 seconds the chance of getting a different result seems much more likely.

No, I don't have research data for you.
Gran

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I know it's not much, but I failed 4 of my first 6 apo-rolls. At the time it felt unlucky... Especially the one where I failed to save a Mino from a SI, only to have my other Mino killed in the next turn. LoL...

Today Is A Good Day For Someone Else To Die!
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)
 Jump to: