60 coaches online • Server time: 18:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do skinks need twist?
Yes
35%
 35%  [ 42 ]
No
24%
 24%  [ 29 ]
Canada
40%
 40%  [ 48 ]
Total Votes : 119

Dust

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

How about giving them access to 1 or 2 especially stupid sauri (that is, with ST 4 and bone head, no prehensile tail or thick skull as compared to kroxigors, but able to use team re-rolls), or possibly a few sauri with big guy (no team re-rolls)? It's not as if Stunty Leeg doesn't has its share of non-official players (Strigoyan Lords, carvers, fairies, orc sl... -ahem- daredevils and so on).

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Skinks with Saurus was hugely overpowered ( i loved em ^_^)

They do need more hittingpower though, sadly i have no good ideas of how that could be done... a few ST3 players perhaps?
lord_real

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Giving them a Cold one then? Some kind of minor Big guy with Really Stupid and No hands?
the_grey_ghost

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is what I suggest.

The problem with skinks is this there only advantage is 2ma. when you are sneaking past chainsaws and bombers and the rest then that is not much of an advantage.

<start bitch now>
For some stupid reason Bloodbowl Never looked at Halfling or Goblin throwers, catchers or blitzers. They basically said lets just have these runts on the field and make everyone the same. When if they gave each player individual strengths and weaknesses then we would not have this problem.
</bitch>

Skinks need positionals. They don't have to be conventional but varied. If you won't give the team 0-2 Krox then positionals are the way to go. Here are my suggestions.

Armored one 6,2,2,8 Dodge, Stunty, Foul Appearence and/or Thick Skull A. 70,000K (or 80,000K) -fluff This brave skink has decided to wear the scales of a fallen Saurus Breathin for protection on the Bloodbowl Field. Becuase of the horrid skinning process the skink smells and looks rotten.

Temple Guard. 8,2,3,6 Side Step, Stunty, Pass Block, regen (mabie jump up) 70,000K A The Skink High priestess have decided to dedicate one of their guards to the team to spare the imbarrisment to their gods. (regen from temple Jump up from kneeling?)

Either way I am not talking major reworkings of the team. With Sauruses you had two tough brutes to take the bashings for ye. These would be replaced by armored ones who will soak a little more damage then the average skink, but not effect the game too much. I also think that the Temple guards will allow the skinks to harrass a little easier once their players get bashed off the field. But they shouldn't effect the balancing Equation too heavily. If anything games should be more fun, less players dying, can take a few more hits and you have more team variety.

Straight up YEA Skinks win games. But you do not see many High Tr skink teams because they can't stay alive. Im fiddeling with the mix but I hope that the team is more fun as a result.
mutescreamer

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

it would be good to see skinks have a little bit of diversity .......with the high movement they don't necessarily need a big guy back in the mix....but some interesting skink team exclusive positionals would be great
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

No strength players means boring, and too many means overpowered... How's about somewhere in the middle... Like a couple of STR3, MA5, AV8 Full Grown Skinks...

Chuck in a Flying-skink... No hands, MA10, AG4, STR2, AV6 with Dodge, Leap and Claw... That could be fun...

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

yes.. this can be a way...
Buur

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Skink an unique race in an more and more homogenous stunty leeg.....
i think that they are in the strong end of the field.... but that is the + to not being a a though basing team.
and i am deffently not in favor of making all team looking like this 2 bigones 2 positions and rst linoes of some kind....
we need more different teams in stunty not more team that look alike....
- buur

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 01:48 Reply with quote Back to top

How about 0-1 Saurus? Even a single ST4 player can drastically reduce the amount of dead skinks per match. Besides, if there is only a single "big strength" guy in the team, it can always be fouled to death just after getting his first skill. Wink

Would move 7 be enough for either basic Skinks or the dagger guy? After all, they can get Sprint and Sure Feet without doubles, making them able to move 8 squares+3 gfi=whopping 11 squares per turn with a stunty guy. Gnomes, Nurglings and Snotlings will be just left to eat the skinks' dust...
johan

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 02:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Skinks have what they need to win. Giving them more than they need to win wouldn't be a good thing. They're pretty much the reverse of the old Snots. If they get any upgrades, you'd have to lower their scoring potential, and I don't see how that can be done. Possibly more expensive re-rolls, coupled with a single Lizardman.

/johan

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Surely it is not just about winning... Guys are saying the following:

1) The current skink roster is boring and 1 dimensional
2) Yes skinks can win games, and win them by a fair margin, but it is at a price... ie they don't survive as long as other more hardy stunties.
3) Sort of number 2&3 but rephrased... they can't compete against other skilled "Big Guy" teams... you still have to line up 3 on the scrimmage line... and you can normally kiss those ones goodbye...

So, what Peikko needs to look at is

1) Make the team more interesting to play...
2) Tweak the balance between scoring potential and survivability.

If it were me, I would not go back to the too many high strength players, but I also realise that the current low AV low Str players is boring as hell... hence my suggestions above in a previous post.

Stunty shouldn't be all about winning... but sure, it's nice when it happens...

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Give them right stuff, and someone/something to throw them, that could be fun...
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Brother_Jaco wrote:
Give them right stuff, and someone/something to throw them, that could be fun...

When I suggested "Flying-skink... No hands, MA10, AG4, STR2, AV6 with Dodge, Leap and Claw" that's not quite what I meant! Razz But yes, that could be fun too!
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Best way to help the skinks is to give Big guys strength access only. Until then, most coaches will not seriously consider them for the long term.

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Skinks are fine as they are, it's halflings that need balancing
 Jump to: