50 coaches online • Server time: 18:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
xen7ric

Post 22 Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sure I could find this out from the LRB but I can't access that from work and I don't remember seeing this in the skill descriptions.

I would like to know if anyone has actually tested Horns + Dauntless as a combination in the client and can confirm the order that the skills are used in.

If, for example you have a Gutter Runner with Dauntless and Horns who blitzes a str 3 lineman do Horns kick in first giving the GR str 3 and therefore dauntless doesn't come into play and you're stuck with a 1 die block,

or, as I'm hoping does Dauntless kick in giving a base str of 3 (or equal to whatever the str of your opponent) and then Horns give you +1 for a 2 dice block?

Apologies if this is in the forums somewhere, I had a search but all the threads seemed to be 'what skill should I get' threads and didn't seem to answer this.
DaemonicLazoth

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

it rolls dauntless then adds the bonus for horns

It's a cool combo with the LRB and with the client as well.
Vargas

Its one of the most popular combos out. It works in order of dauntless, then horns. So a successful dauntless roll will result in having two block dice.
Mr_QB

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

alot of people got dauntless horns players
first dauntless is rolled if it succeds you get same str then horns is applied adding +1 meaning that if dauntless works you will allways get a 2d block, with no assists counted off course

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Then all you need is Frenzy! Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

i tihnk one of the most famous dauntless/horns player is AFK_eagles Sai:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&op=view&player_id=1691373
quite nasty one Smile
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

what about dauntless + horns + multiblock ? if a guy with those 3 skills and st 2 blocks 2 guys with st4 then dauntless should give him st8 and horns st9 ?? or?
Mr_QB

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

in theory yes

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, dauntless works with multiblock. i have seen and felt it OUCH

xen7ric

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the stupidly quick replies. Guess I should have looked at a couple of TR 200+ Skaven teams first to see if any Gutters had it.

Time I started working on a BloDge, Dauntless, Horns, Tackle, Strip Ball Gutter... Very Happy (or maybe just being able to field full team every game for now..)
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 13:47 Reply with quote Back to top

though it would be a hard dauntless roll with 2 st4 guys Smile cool thought though Smile
origami

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Why stop at two st4 guys? I recommend multiblocking Morg and Ripper...
G_Force

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Nah, put him behind the LOS and multiblock two +ST trees

AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2005 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

For dauntless to work, you roll 2d6. Add the total of the two dice, compare that total to the strength of your target (or combined strength of your targets). If your total is HIGHER, then you get to be counted equal for that one block. Now, rolling 2d6, your maximum possible is 12. Since you must be higher, the theoretical maximum you could take on and succeed against is str 11. So sorry, G_Force, your two tree example is out, except for daydreams. Taking on two ogres, however, is still a possibility, if a remote one. Fact is, you'll probably never see somebody try it against a combined strength of 7 or more, meaning two str 3 players is ok, but tougher gives people pause. I know that Sai rarely took on str 4 and just once a str 5. (BTW, thanks, SubSonic, for remembering him. It's nice to know he's famous to more than just my own memory. Smile )

Jump to: