69 coaches online • Server time: 18:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Master'sApprentice

Post 1 Posted: Mar 26, 2006 - 07:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sure you're all familiar with the concept.

Just please don't defame anyone in particular. This is an anoymous (at least for your opponent) thread for airing your grievances.

Personally. Stallers. Because, don't get me wrong, it's all tactical - but, at the end of the day, it's also disrespectful to the opposition, and hardly realistic: pick any 'real' sport where people sit threatening to score, just to aggravate the opposition. What happened to positive, inventive thinking and playing? I've never seen a stalling tactic employed in a game that didn't end in a draw.

Don't get me wrong - I play mostly with bashy teams, who foul; promote crowd-surfing; and generally ignore the ball in order to cause carnage. but I'm not going to host a game for someone who'll spend two hours at a time sat next to the end-zone taunting my players.

Over to you Jim...
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2006 - 07:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Good one.

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2006 - 07:48 Reply with quote Back to top

stalling, fouling (unless tactical use for making path or fouling DP players,) dwarves

Don't drop the soap.
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2006 - 08:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, somebody's got to do it...
People who bitch about other people's playing styles (wink, wink). I'm playing Bloodbowl for MY entertainment, and it's not your job to tell me how to have a good time. I like fouling. I think foulfests are very entertaining. Obviously, my DE team with 6 DPs is going to foul you. Don't play them if you don't like it, but for heaven's sake, don't complain! Stalling I do try sometimes as well, although I'm going to give up on that, because it inevitably ends in disaster. Trashtalking is also something that I think adds flavor to the game. Deal with it, I'm not really that bad. I just pick on your poor little dying elves a bit.
And one that I just have to give special attention because ex-convict brought it up: Dwarfs. If you don't like them, then don't bloody play them. It's not that hard of a concept, folks.
All of this is in respect, so don't take it personally. I'm just irritated by the fact that most of what goes on on this forum now is arguing and complaining.

Woodpecker
Manbush

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2006 - 08:11 Reply with quote Back to top

OK we all hate an opponent stalling against us. Yes, there is tactical logic in doing it and all the rest of that crap, but come on, if you think you are that good at this game(and I know most of you think you are), don't you tink you can handle the challenge of defending against the other team when they have the ball?
To be devil's advocate to my own point here, the only thing you have to do to prevent stalling is to put pressure on the ball carrier, create a threat that risks him losing the ball if he does not get the TD. Blitz and push him into the endzone if you have to. And if your team is down that many players that you can't do it, then it's not your day anyway, so suck it up

I put the liquor in the same bottle his and mine, and mine was at the bottom, and, sure, I was obliged to drink his to get at mine
DanTheMan

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2006 - 08:31 Reply with quote Back to top

The main problem in my opinion is that you usually have no idea what kind of coach you're about to play. You might think that you're in for a nice game with a good and creative coach who plays "fairly", but when as soon as the game starts you realise that your opponents tactic is based solely on fouling and stalling. As most of you can agree, it's not very fun having a team recieve half a dozen niggles (or even RIP's) in a game just cause you happened to pick the wrong coach, and it's equally boring being forced to watch a 5 turn stall just cause you had some bad luck. Of course, the number of dirty players, claws and rsc's in a team can be a pointer to the playing style of a coach but with more and more coaches choosing those skills more as a deterrent than as an offensive weapon that is no longer a reliable clue.
Though, it all could be avoided if coaches in their coach info stated how many turns you are willing to stall, and how many fouls per half you are likely to do...
Voorn

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2006 - 08:36 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL, we all have our grudges we hold about play. So without going into details, I will just say that I hold grudges against coaches who play in such a way that they try to ruin the fun of the game for thier opponants through whatever means they do it whether it be stalling, abusing fouls, disconnecting or even simple "verbal" abuse during the game.
As a side note. I keep an invisible set of books of grudges. It is often fun to pull an invisible volume off of an invisible shelf, flip it open and add the names of people who are present. My wife would brag that she had her own set. I noticed that after a while, people would find it an honor to get one over on me good enough to be added and others will sometime suggest additions or even have thier own books that they keep up on.

Immitated in chat by another member "S**n"
Synn

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2006 - 09:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to air a grudge......

TEXAN!!! Since you and I have crossed paths........ you have been winning a little too much. I take this chance to do two things.

#1: When your CDs get past the ten game limit, play my Kittens in a grudge match.

.... More importantly....

#2: I challenge SlyTex Varsity to a "Pink Slip Match" (Trademark: DreadClaw and CircularLogic) with Fun With Goats. Respond before this thread is closed.

Tick-Tock.....Tick-Tock,
__Synn
Texan

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2006 - 09:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn: no need for the clock to tick very long. You know I'm crazy enough that I have to accept both challenges.

1. My CDs need only one more game to reach the 10-game threshold and will be working feverishly to get it. Smile

2. Pink slip, ya, baby!! And, unlike some people, I have no doubt the loser will live up to the deal.

Just remember, some grudges never end...
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2006 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Master'sApprentice wrote:
Personally. Stallers. Because, don't get me wrong, it's all tactical - but, at the end of the day, it's also disrespectful to the opposition, and hardly realistic: pick any 'real' sport where people sit threatening to score, just to aggravate the opposition. What happened to positive, inventive thinking and playing? I've never seen a stalling tactic employed in a game that didn't end in a draw.

Easy...

American football....

While it's not a team sitting on the goal line waiting to score, because the game mechanics are vastly different....stalling *DOES* happen...

watch any football game, late in the 4th quarter, when the leading team has the ball....they'll run the clock down as far as they can before hiking....take a knee, and do it all over again, just to eat up time on the clock....

so yes...stalling does happen in professional sports....

oh and as for my own grudges?...yeah i can second, third, fourth and however many necessary-th, people who copmlain about other people's tactics(legal tactics...anything that is legal within the scope of the game...stalling by leaving your computer, disconnecting, swapping teams after agreement, and whatnot...that's just lowdown and despicable Sad )....while you may see it as ruining someone's fun to stall, foul, hire wizards/stars after agreement(this tactic always seems to get overlooked..i think it needs more love Laughing) or whatever, for us it is fun...it seems like a small double standard to have complainers berating us for having fun, and eliminating theirs, while playing by their standards is eliminating our fun....only problem is, can't make both camps happy....other than just not playing each other...Smile

i will state though...for every person who complains about a foul, i shall make one complaint about a player making a pass, a block, a dodge, or any other mechanic that is a part of the game...it seems only fair Twisted Evil

--j

ImageImage
Fama

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2006 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, I have nothing against stalling OR getting stalled on. What's the big deal? So the other team wants to win? Is that bad or something?

Fouling... it's a bit different thing. Fouling is not bad, when done in the spirit of the game. And with that, I mean that it should be used, but it should NOT be abused. Check my sig to see something wise Shepherd once wrote.

The only person in my current DNP list is someone, who just fouled me all-game long, for no real reason too. Plus he drawed the game which would have been a VERY easy win because of it (got the ball loose, it scattered to the other end of the half, my lino runs to the EZ, amazingly lucky TD).

Oh, and I hate slow players. I enjoy playing fast.

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2006 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Have you ever seen a soccer match there both teams starts stalling atm the ref blow his whistle.
-Buur

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2006 - 10:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Grievances, in no particular order:

1) Coaches that put teams in gamefinder, then log, but don't remove them.
2) Coaches that put teams in gamefinder, but don't respond to any messages in chat until about half hour later when they say "No", or "Sorry I was afk"... why AFK when you have put a team in gamefinder??... duh!!
3) People that aren't polite in chat, especially at the start of a game. I can understand going quiet or saying "Bah, damn dice" in the middle of a game, but to become uncivilsed or just plain rude is becoming more and more common.
4) Laggy games... the ping rate goes mad, and suddenly all the opponents moves "go Ninja" and they move all at once... I prefer direct games which can reduce this, but is just an annoyance, not necessarily anyone's fault, unless their machine is downloading a film, playing music, running antivirus, getting software updates and is playing World of Warcraft at the same time!! Smile
5) Grievance lists that start to lose their point...

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2006 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

My personal grudge is for people who can't suck up bad dice and get on with the game. People who play against you and moan that you are rolling pows and remind you of this by writing pow in chat every time you roll one. I can handle a Very Happy or a lol with some snake eyes, but recently spec'd a game with xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD written after every thing that happened. It just gets a bit repetitive. Just sit back and let your opponent enjoy your misfortune. This games apparently sick sense of humour is part of what makes it enjoyable.
Synn

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2006 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

This is what i think of people who complain about stallers......

__Synn
 Jump to: