I like more or less to play all the teams, but I prefer the agile ones for their creative, unpredictable, dynamic game style. Khemri Tomb Kings are my favourite bash team because it requires brain, good positioning and it's unforgiving.
My gaming ethics:
- I only play in Black Box;
- I don't play in Ranked because choosing/refusing opponents and races is against the logic of a competitive division;
- I don't minmax: all my teams have at least 2 t.rrs and the Apothecary;
- I have 1 team per race;
- I don't cycle top tier 1 teams because it's a potential exploit of the matchmaking: new teams benefit from rookie protection and have less bloat from Fan Factor;
- I don't activate only high TV teams because this makes big TV gap matches less likely;
- I never concede.
Best Coach Ranking: 176.64
Best Coach Standing: 2
Best Win Percentage: 66%
Top 1 TV gap match: 1170
Top 2 TV gap match: 740
Top 3 TV gap match: 730
★ Hall of Fame ★
Box grid filled: Amazons; Elven Union; Shambling Undead; Slann; Vampires.
Pearls of wisdom
- When you're winning play conservative. When you're losing or when failure doesn't matter play high risk high reward.
- Try to have the right players in the right place on the right turn.
- The actions you don't try have 0 chance of happening: no guts, no glory! Audentes fortuna iuvat.
- When you lose try not to blame dice, instead focus on your mistakes and on what you could have done not to lose.
- Generally the lower a player's cost is, the less return you have on skilling him up.
- Coach plans, Nuffle laughs. Even the best plan can fail.
- Concession is for the weak. Conceders lose in shame.
- Sometimes you are not playing against a coach, but the dice and/or super skilled players.
- Simple rule for the Box: win the current game, and build only for the next one.
- Never take Sneaky Git.
- If one of the teams is bashier, almost always receive; if both teams are bashy, receive; if both teams are agile, kick; with Sweltering Heat receive; with Blizzard vs a team with one turner receive.
- No characteristic may be increased by more than 1 point over its starting value;
- Grazing Blow: if Tackle is used to knock down a Dodge player with "Defender Stumbles" result then Mighty Blow can't be used (notice that Claw can be used);
- Wild Animal: the player requires a 2+ to Block or Blitz and a 3+ to perform all the other Actions;
- Sprint can't be used by MA 10 players;
- Sure Hands can be taken as General or Agility skill (little buff to Stunty players);
- 10 TV skill/stat discount for Stunty players;
- Bitten Thralls are Knocked Out with 8+ (no more Badly Hurt by bite);
- Every failed KO recovery roll gives a +1 stacking modifier to the next recovery roll of that player. As reminder on TT, miniature lying face down in KO box: 4+; lying face up in KO box: 3+; standing in KO box: 2+;
- Sweltering Heat: after the heat rolls and before the 2nd half starts journeymen replace the exhausted players;
- Perfect Defence: like Quick Snap, but for the kicking team (at least 3 defending players must be on the LOS after the free move);
- High Kick: further -1 to catch the ball if kicked by a player with Kick skill;
- Blitz!: the kicking team's coach rolls a D6 and adds their assistant coaches and cheerleaders, this is the number of players allowed to perform the free turn;
- Throw a Rock: Armour roll required;
- Pitch Invasion: the affected players are Placed Prone;
- MVP: After a match, every player gains 1 SPP; in addition, D6 SPPs are assigned randomly to a player who gained 1 or more SPPs in the match.