I've been playing Blood Bowl since 1994, when I found by chance a second edition box in a model shop of my city. Love at first sight: the concept of fantasy races playing a twisted and crazy parody of American football was freaking awesome! In 1995 I bought the third edition box and since then I played thousands of games.
I like to play all the teams but I prefer the agile ones for their creative, unpredictable, dynamic game style. Khemri Tomb Kings are my favourite bash team because it requires brain, good positioning and it's unforgiving.
Peak Coach Ranking: 175.38
Peak Coach Standing: 13
Peak Win Percentage: 66%
Top 1 TV gap match: 1170
Top 2 TV gap match: 730
Top 3 TV gap match: 680
★ Hall of Fame ★
My goal is achieving Legend rank in Box with all races (idea by andr_e).
Box grid filled with: Amazons; Elven Union; Slann; Vampires.
Pearls of wisdom
- When you're winning play conservative. When you're losing play high risk high reward.
- Try to have the right players in the right place on the right turn.
- The actions you don't try have 0 chance of happening: no guts, no glory! Audentes fortuna iuvat.
- When you lose try not to blame dice, instead focus on what you could have done to not lose.
- Generally speaking, the lower a player's cost is, the less return you have on skilling him up.
- Fair coaches don't play in Ranked (because choosing and avoiding opponents and races is against the very logic of competition), don't minmax, don't cycle top tier 1 teams, don't monoactivate high TV teams.
- Concession is for the weak. Conceders lose in shame.
- Do you play in Ranked? Come on, cherrypicker, take off the training wheels and activate in Black Box!
- Sometimes you are not playing against an opponent, but the dice and/or super skilled players.
- Simple rule for the Box: win the current game, and build only for the next one.
- Do not EVER take Sneaky Git.
- If one of the teams is bashier than the other, almost always receive; if both teams are bashy, receive; if both teams are agile, kick.
If Treasury is 100,000 or greater roll a D6, apply the Modifier based on current Treasury, then check the EM Table:
Expensive Mistakes Table
1 Catastrophe (lose all but 2D6x10k)
2 Catastrophe (lose all but 2D6x10k)
3 Catastrophe (lose all but 2D6x10k)
4 Major Incident (lose half, rounding up to nearest 10k)
5 Minor Incident (lose D3x10k)
6 Minor Incident (lose D3x10k)
7 Crisis Averted (no loss)
8 Crisis Averted (no loss)
9 Crisis Averted (no loss)
10 Crisis Averted (no loss)
I'd like to try these house rules:
- Grazing Hit: if Tackle is used to knock down a Dodge player with "Defender Stumbles" result then Mighty Blow can't be used;
- Wild Animal: the player requires a 2+ for Block or Blitz Action and a 3+ to perform all the other Actions;
- Sprint can't be used by MA 10 players;
- Sure Hands can be taken as General or Agility skill;
- Bitten Thralls: Knocked Out with 8+ (no more Badly Hurt by bite);
- KO rolls: every failed KO recovery attempt gives a +1 stacking modifier to the next recovery roll of that player;
- Fouls: The fouling coach rolls a D6, the first foul is spotted with 5+, the subsequent fouls are spotted with 4+: this replaces the rolling a double on AV/Inj mechanic (Get the Ref resets the spotting roll to 5+);
- After the recovery and Sweltering Heat rolls have been made and before the 2nd half starts, if a team can't field 11 players, journeymen are added up to 11;
- CRP inducements phase;
- Wizard priced 200,000 gps;
- Perfect Defence: like Quick Snap, but for the kicking team;
- High Kick: -1 to catch the ball if kicked by a player with Kick skill;
- Blitz!: the kicking team's coach rolls a D6 and adds their assistant coaches, this is the number of players allowed to perform the free turn;
- Throw a Rock: Armour roll required;
- Pitch Invasion: the affected players are Placed Prone.