The NAF is an international association of players dedicated to Blood Bowl. The NAF acts as a central resource for coaches the world over – offering news, contacts, discussion, sanctioned tournaments and international player rankings. Whether you are planning to run your own tabletop tournament, looking for a league or just wanting to catch up on the latest from the world of fantasy football gaming, the NAF aims to provide everything you will need.
Why not find the most up to date information on tabletop tournaments in your area? There is a handy list here. If you ever need help or have any questions regarding attending a tabletop tournament, please come ask!
The NAF and FUMBBL are proud to announce the Word Cup Warm up 2019.
Schedule and Format
• The World Cup Warm Up 19 will be a resurrection style tournament, initially consisting of 9 games of Blood Bowl contested via the Swiss format in 6 groups consisting of one team member from each squad.
• Players can sign up in squads of 6 players in the respective fumbbl thread
• 4 best squads fight it out in playoffs for some nice prices
• Round 1 will begin at 22:00 CEST on Monday, 3rd of June 2019
• Any submissions as soon as possible are most welcome, latest submission of Squads and individual teams to the group is Sunday, 2nd of June midnight
• Each round will last 1 week, and rounds will begin at 22:00 CET on each Monday of the tournament
• The NAF Team Challenge 19 is using the rules of the 4th Blood Bowl World Cup in Dornbirn 2019
• As the Tournament is over the holiday period, each player can forfeit 1 game no questions asked so you can still participate if you’re away for a week or 2. However, you of course will still get 0 points for that round.
Rosters and Skills
• Exact rules can be found on the official NAF world cup homepage. Here a quick summary
• The 26 NAF approved races will be permitted to enter the Word Cup Warm up 2019.
• Tier 1: Amazons, Bretonnians, Chaos Dwarves, Dark Elves, Dwarves, Lizardmen, Norse, Orcs, Skaven, Undead, Wood Elves
• Tier 2: Chaos Renegades, Elf Union, High Elves, Humans, Khemri, Necromantic
• Tier 3: Daemons of Khorne, Chaos, Nurgle’s Rotters, Slann, Underworld Denizens, Vampires
• Tier 4: Goblins, Halflings, Ogres
• Rules intended for 1100K teams. 11 non-star players minimum.
• There are 3 game days, here replaced by games 1-2 (day 1), 3-4 (day 2) and 5-6 (day 3)
Tier Starting Cash Day 2 Day 3
(gold pieces) (before game 4) (before game 7)
1 1,160,000 40,000 40,000
2 1,200,000 50,000 40,000
3 1,250,000 50,000 40,000
4 1,250,000 70,000 40,000
• A ‘normal’ skill costs 20 kgp
• A ‘double’ skill costs 30 kgp
• Tiers 1-3 are limited to one double skill during the tournament
• Tier 4 may have more than one double skill
• Your roster can have one player that has two additional skills. Both skills must be normal skills and the second skill has a cost of 30,000 gold pieces. These skills can be added at different times in the event.
• Tier 4 may buy a single stat upgrade. This cannot be combined with any other additional skill.
• + MA / AV costs 40,000 gold pieces,
• + AG 50,000 gold pieces and
• + ST 60,000 gold pieces.
• Star players may not receive additional skills or stat upgrades
If you intend to take a stat upgrade please get in touch with SzieberthAdam or myself, as we’ll need to put in some technical workaround for this (it should work, however).
Skill slots available will be:
Day 1: 2normal 5 double
Day 2: 1 normal 2 double
Day 3: 1 normal 1 double
This does not mean that you are eligible to take all the skills. Only what you’re allowed with above mentioned budget.
• Skill details:
• Excess money needs to stay on the bank and must not be used to buy inducements except intended ones mentioned in your teams Bio.
• Due to technical reasons, everyone will be forced to fill all available skill slots.
• We have now the option to select (no Skill), thanks to Christer
• You must select all skills before the tournament
• The Word Cup Warm up 2019 is a ‘resurrection’ tournament. This means that your players will not gain spps, and that teams will ‘reset’ following each match. Injuries and deaths do not carry to the next game, new players cannot be purchased and raised Zombies and Rotters are not added to the roster
• You can use a different team for the Main tournament than what you have won your qualifier with, so give them stunties some love!
FUMBBL Team Creation and Application to the Tournament
o Once you have decided on your setup, your Team should be made via this link
o Select your race and team name (see the Useful links section below for advice on making a FUMBBL team)
o On the team page, there is no need to change ‘Progression’ from ‘Standard’ to ‘None’
o Select all of your players, re-rolls, etc. and click ‘submit for approval’
o Ensure your team complies with the FUMBBL disclaimer pop-up
o The following screen allows then you to select your 6-8 skills for the tournament and the 0-2 dummy skills
o When ‘save’ is pressed to confirm your skill choices, there is no pop-up or conformation screen. You can check your skills have saved correctly by navigating away from the screen and then checking ‘Team Options’ on your team page
o NAF coaches should record their NAF nick (if different to their FUMBBL username) and NAF number in the team bio section following team creation. This will help us in the future recording and ranking of online games
o Inducement(s) you wish to use should be left out of your team creation process and listed in the team bio
o When you play a match in the tournament, select your listed inducements when the client loads up as you would normally by spending your remaining treasury as petty cash
o It is important that you only use the inducments that you have declared in your team bio
o In the event that non ‘rostered’ inducments are selected in the client by a coach, the match result will be void and the game awarded to the opponent
o Click the ‘group members’ tab and then use the ‘apply for membership’ dropdown
• Tournament points will be awarded as follows:
o 2 points for a win
o 1 point for a tie
o 0 points for a loss
o -5 points for a forfeit or concession
• This will be reduced to 0 in the event the organisers are satisfied every effort has been made to schedule the game and a real-life issue has occurred.
• One game you can forfeit due to Holidays, please let your opponent or the admin know in case you know in advance that you cannot play a future round.
• Forfeit or concession TD / CAS scoring: 2-0 (2-0)
• Tie breakers will separate teams on the same number of points as follows:
o Opponent score
o net TD + net CAS
o TD scored
o CAS inflicted
• Please note that technically it Is not possible to match team vs team, but each team member plays in a separate group for as many individual points that are then added up.
• Please endeavour to complete your games. PM your opponent as soon as you can and organise a time to play
o If agreeing a time is proving difficult, PM your division admin as soon as possible
• Games will be forfeited promptly to begin new rounds
• In the event you forfeit a game without a valid reason, we reserve the right to temporarily exclude you from future NAF sanctioned online events for a short time
• Games will be recorded as Online NAF games on the-naf.net. Forfeits and games against non NAF members are not recorded
Online Ranking and NAF membership
o All Games between NAF members are recorded on the NAF Homepage and will be used to calculate the NAF online Rankings
o Even though a NAF membership is not mandatory, we highly encourage to become Member of the NAF, because:
o 10$ paypal of 5$ in person should be doable for everyone, already to just to support the NAF.
o Tracking your online rankings and enabling your opponents to play for their ranking is always fun
o You get goodies every time you renew your membership
Useful Links and FAQ
Please see this FUMBBL group for useful links and FAQ.
The Road to the NAF Chapionship 2015
5 rounds of Swiss, final 261 Coaches, 5.1.17 - 28.3.17
Champion – straume (won a ticket to the NAFC)
Stunty Cup – Zed
Raffle winner – m0gw41
Final Runner-up – Diceskill
2nd Place – cedric19
3rd Place – Jokaero
Lutèce Cup Challenge
International groups, 8 team playoff 180 Coaches, 1.4.15-28.5.15
Group Winners / Runners-Up:
Euro Group 1: Strider84 / MrPeng
Euro Group 2: Tripleskull / Estremo
Euro Group 3: JanMattys / Flix
Euro Group 4: Justicium / PacoSillas
North America: happygrue / Stimme
Oceania: hbgs / Dazedmw
Overall Winner - Tripleskull
Final Runner-up - JanMattys
Stunty Cup Winner - Lorebass
Online Dutch Open
International groups, 8 team playoff 92 Coaches, 15.6.15-31.7.15
Group Winners / Runners-Up:
Euro Group 1: Thot / Soycu
Euro Group 2: Yashin / Tripleskull
Euro Group 3: eldritchfox / Hamlet1980
North America: happygrue / pizzamogul
Oceania: Relezite / mushoomy
Overall Winner - Thot
Final Runner-up - happygrue
Stunty Cup Winner - Jopotzuki
World Cup Warm Up
International groups, 8 team playoff. Team based side event, 4 team playoff 144 Coaches, 24 Teams, 10.8.15-19.10.15
Group Winners / Runners-Up:
Euro Group 1: Joemanji / gesize
Euro Group 2: fxiii / Zoul
Euro Group 3: PeteW / Straume
North America: Sutherlands / happygrue
Oceania: bmilner / Dunenzed
Overall Winner - PeteW
Final Runner-up - gesize
Stunty Cup Winner - mrt1212
Team Challenge Winners - Joe le Taxi (azzroag (c), Bucks, geggster, felix_le, Simon_MLF, Nathaniel-FR)
The Road to the NAF Championship 2016
International groups, 8 team playoff 146 Coaches, 7.1.16-30.3.16
Group Winners / Runners-Up:
Euro Group 1: Kithor / Estremo
Euro Group 2: JimmyFantastic / Simon_MLF
Euro Group 3 Strider84 / Endzone
Euro Group 4: Jokaero / fxiii
North America: spock / nerdbird
Oceania: Olaf_the_Stout / Dazedmw
Overall Winner - Jokaero
Final Runner-up - fxiii
Stunty Cup Winner - m0gw41
Raffle Winner - iena
NAF Team Challenge
International groups, 6 team playoff 134 Coaches, 22 Teams, 1.4.16-30.5.16
Euro Group 1: Strider84
Euro Group 2: Jokaero
Euro Group 3: didier59
Euro Group 4: simon_MLF
North America: Wreckage
3 european Groups, Squads of 3, 4 best squads playoff 130 Coaches, 30.8.18-24.10.18
Group Winner: fxiii, Strider84, Silkoun
Overall Winners: I Lupi e la Piovra (dirold, Spartako, Liam_Gallagher)
Runner up: Team Azes (Fxiii, Siloun, Gseize)
[NAF Team challenge 19
4 European Groups, Squads of 4, 4 best squads playoff 176 Coaches, 1.11.18-1.1.19
Group Winner: fxiii, Spartako, Dirold, Tripleskull
Overall Winners: I Lupi, la Piovra e il Leone (dirold, Spartako, Liam_Gallagher, Kaltenland)
Runner up: Team Azes (Fxiii, Hely, zoul, gseize)
[NAF Speed Rush 2019
8 qualifiers of 8 people to make a final tournament of the 8 winners. one minute turns 1.2.19-31.3.19
Overall Winner: Strider84
Runner up: Spartako
Hall of Fame
Single Event Champions:
Road to the NAF Championship 2015: Straume
Lutece Challenge: Tripleskull
Online Dutch Open: Thot
World Cup Warm up: PeteW
Road to the NAF Championship 2016: Jokaero
Spike! Magazine Showdown: Jokaero
Online Welsh Open: Timetis
Dungeonbowl Highlanderturnement: BiBi
Road to the NAF Championship 2017: Strider84
Speed Bowl 1: Jokaero
Online Welsh Open 18: Kithor
Dungeonbowl (K)Online: Kalos86
Road to the NAF champtionship 2018: Bugrum
Danish Open Online: Gartch
NAF Speed Rush 19: Strider84
Team event Champions:
World Cup Warm up: Joe Le Taxi (Azzroag (c), Bucks, geggster, felix_le, Simon_MLF, Nathaniel-FR)
NAF Team Challenge 17: Team Hellhound (Strider84 (c), madmatt13, Candlejack, Kithor, Jokaero, lauth81)
Europen Online 17: Team Hellhound (Strider84 (c), madmatt13, Jokaero)
NAFifa World Cup 18: Italy (buttinho, Dirold, Estremo, Sampittu)
Europen Online 18: I Lupi e la Piovra (Dirold, Spartako, Liam_Gallagher)
Uk Team Challenge 2019: I Lupi e la Piovra (Dirold, Spartako, Liam_Gallagher, Kaltenland)
Road to the NAF Championship 2015: Zed
Lutece Challenge: Lorebass
Online Dutch Open: Jopotzuki
World Cup Warm up: mrt1212
Road to the NAF Championship 2016: m0gw41
Spike! Magazine Showdown: Topper
Online Welsh Open: m0gw41
Dungeonbowl Highlanderturnament: No stunty cup
Road to the NAF Championship 2017: SkavenLordVinshqueek
Speed Bowl 1: No stunty cup
Europen Online: No stunty cup
Q: Who are the NAF? A: Click on the 'NAF' tab above and find out!
Q: What are Online NAF tournaments? A: Online NAF aims to reproduce tournaments a NAF member may have attended on tabletop here on FUMBBL. Online NAF tournaments are open to all, members and non-members, and a number of shiny, physical prizes are up for grabs.
Q: When are the online NAF Rankings happening? A: Part of the rankings are uploaded and can be found here
Q: Why haven't we got tiered rulesets yet? A: Coding tiering of skills / gold / both is non trivial. We hope to bring you this functionality soon.
Q: What about format X? A: Strider84 is always up for ideas, and you never know, format X might be in the pipeline! Remember - tournament functionality is open to everyone, so you can always have a go yourself in the mean time.
Q: I organise a tabletop NAF tournament. Can we speak about doing something online? A: Sure! Contact Strider84. He'd be happy to hear from you.
Q: Can I help staff Online NAF tournaments? A: We've a great team looking after Online NAF, but we're always interested in hearing from volunteers. Contact Strider84.