15 coaches online • Server time: 06:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Keith-Lemon

Post   Posted: May 28, 2011 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar wrote:
I think they are awsome and they do have a certain "comicbook" flavor that fits the player icons on the pitch. Do you give permission to use them as default pitch icons (per team) in FFB (that is make them a part of the FFB client download)?

Now that would be cool.
Chewie

Post   Posted: May 29, 2011 - 01:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Make sure that when you do the Pro Elves, their logo has a beard. That is all.
The_Murker

Post   Posted: May 29, 2011 - 03:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty awesome work. Well done.

Post   Posted: May 29, 2011 - 05:10 Reply with quote Back to top

A. Mazing.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: May 29, 2011 - 09:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I also like the Khemri one best.

But...if a little constructive criticism may be appreciated...

I find the set a little too cartoony. IMO, a little more 'darkness' is called for. Bloodbowl is a game of violence and death. In fact, in my last game three players died.

The original logos had a certain...seriousness about them. Now, I fully appreciate the work that has been done and the effort required to implement any chance, especially given the overwhelming accolades to the current designs.

But still, it seems a bit cartoony to me.

/me ducks the inevitable flaming. Just trying to help! Imagine those logos done in a darker, more 'adult' vs. 'saturday morning cartoon' style.

Post   Posted: May 29, 2011 - 09:43 Reply with quote Back to top

i'm not saying ur necessarily wrong Sigmar1, but you don't think BB is a funny game inherently? I genuinely think there's a lot more humour in the game than "darkness" when you think about it. Also, I think those designs really seem to complement the new theme on the site and images on the game.
Qaz

Post   Posted: May 29, 2011 - 10:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar wrote:
I think they are awsome and they do have a certain "comicbook" flavor that fits the player icons on the pitch. Do you give permission to use them as default pitch icons (per team) in FFB (that is make them a part of the FFB client download)?

I am pretty sure that was the intended idea

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
Cevap

Post   Posted: May 29, 2011 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't wait for the Skaven logo! Very Happy
Garion

Post   Posted: May 29, 2011 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Qaz wrote:
Kalimar wrote:

+1 I'm pretty sure I remember Fouly volunteering to do them for that reason a while back when christer made a thread asking someone in the community to contribute towards this.
mr-maverick

Post   Posted: May 29, 2011 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome, can't wait for the dwarf one, the ogre one will be interesting too

Post   Posted: May 29, 2011 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

wow...who knew fouly had talent that didn't involve stripping for dollar bills? Very Happy

--j

ImageImage
mr-maverick

Post   Posted: May 29, 2011 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

wonder if you can convince him to do some stunty leeg ones too, shadow

Post   Posted: May 29, 2011 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Qaz wrote:
Kalimar wrote:

I think they will end up as default team logos for new teams as well if not mistaken.

I would suggest that the 'client' set gets rescaled to 150x150 pixels maximum. I find any larger and logos look terrible and overpowering on the pitch.
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: May 29, 2011 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
I'm pretty sure I remember Fouly volunteering to do them for that reason a while back when christer made a thread asking someone in the community to contribute towards this.

He really, really hates being reminded of that... trust me.

Post   Posted: May 29, 2011 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Qaz wrote:
Kalimar wrote:

I think they will end up as default team logos for new teams as well if not mistaken.

I would suggest that the 'client' set gets rescaled to 150x150 pixels maximum. I find any larger and logos look terrible and overpowering on the pitch.

while thats true, everyone now has the option to turn them off anyway so it should be left up to the coach to decide imo. I have seen a few huge icons I really like and some terrible ones too. No need to restrict peopls options though imo.
 Jump to: