48 coaches online • Server time: 16:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Winni

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2013 - 07:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Cant everyone have a team logo? Its so much fluffier.

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2013 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

In the process of sorting my bio out: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=728567

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2013 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Anzelak wrote:
In the process of sorting my bio out: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=728567

Nice work! The league logo looks great on a purple background.

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2013 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers mate. Thanks for sending me your code so I could learn.

I'm aiming for something like this or this.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2013 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

sann0638 wrote:
What? So being picked first is a bad thing? I am so confused. Anyway, I won my first game, so boo to you!

First, grats on the win!

Now, here's how it works...

The 2 top coaches from the prev season get their "pick" of who will be in their league, much like picking schoolyard teams, alternating, to form the next season's 2 conferences.

Max of 1 race/conference, so any "doubled" teams "automatically" go to the other conference if one conference picks one or the other of those two. (So, for example, if Coach A picks one of the 2 skaven teams, the other skaven team automatically goes to Coach B's conference. This does not (apparently) change who picks next, so it's then Coach B's pick.)

At the end of the year, the top-winning coach in each Conference gets a bye in the playoffs, and winner of the playoffs gets +1 mvp & +1 "gate" worth of gold, & to pick first for next season's reorganization.

So... the two winning coaches are not going to pick based on their idea of "the best" nor "the worst", but are most likely going to pick teams that...
    1) "is a team they, personally, would prefer to play (for whatever reasons)"
    b) "won't hurt their team"
    iii) "they don't want their opponent to pick"
Interpret that as you will. Cool

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2013 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Minor problem... Scheduled against murgabot's Blackmountain Bully boyz (Seen 9d ago).

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2013 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeat: great explanation. My personal draft tactic would be to pick 4/5 teams I definitely didn't want in my conference, and plan accordingly.

Chainsaw wrote:
Minor problem... Scheduled against murgabot's Blackmountain Bully boyz (Seen 9d ago).

Yes, was aware of that as soon as I set up the leagues. Obviously a major concern. If he doesn't turn up, we'll replace him with a noob team.

Which brings me to something I've been considering. We need an "owcc fringe" feeder league, so we can sub in teams who aren't complete noobs. Personally, I'd set it up so current owcc coaches can use stunty teams against potential new coaches teams, possibly in a 6-team round robin.

However, I don't think I have the time to manage the owcc plus any possible feeder league. If any current coaches fancy running a feeder league, please let me know!

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2013 - 01:37 Reply with quote Back to top

gjopie wrote:
Smeat: great explanation. My personal draft tactic would be to pick 4/5 teams I definitely didn't want in my conference, and plan accordingly.

Well, it's a good thing that the winner of the Challenge Cup can't win the Royal Pardon, or they could leave a real sweet gift in their wake. Ole! Laughing

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
sann0638

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2013 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Any sign of murgabot?

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2013 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

sann0638 wrote:
Any sign of murgabot?

Nope. If we were mid-season, I'd just forfeit his games, but since we're still at the beginning, I'll put out a call to find a replacement this evening.

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2013 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

gjopie wrote:
sann0638 wrote:
Any sign of murgabot?

Nope. If we were mid-season, I'd just forfeit his games, but since we're still at the beginning, I'll put out a call to find a replacement this evening.

Please welcome the Darklands Graverobbers to the Bretonnia Conference. They will be replacing the absent Black Mountain Bullyboyz.

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2013 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

A welcome to the League logo. I've not had much time to do many.. sorry guys.

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2013 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome logo mate.

Well done.

I couldn't ask you for one after scraping a draw through sheer force of dirty rat fouls alone ><.

Welcome to the league new guy Very Happy
gjopie

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2013 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

The celebrations in Barak Varr are reportedly still going on, as not only did their dwarves win last night, but their probable next opponent's most dangerous player, Vermyn, was brutally murdered by the marauders from Morgheim.

Vermyn had grown a nasty set of claws recently, apparently capable of cutting through even the strongest dwarven armour. Fans of the Black Chasm Rush have been suggesting that the unashamedly rich Goldlords might have paid the Morgheim Minions to target Vermyn!

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2013 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

hehe, how did you guess?

Although its the Rush's scoring, not their hitting that the slowboys are more concerned about Razz
 Jump to: