68 coaches online • Server time: 20:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
lethalkid

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2017 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Every big guy is worth it except the treeman for wood elves
Stonetroll

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2017 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll just leave this here.
DarthPhysicist

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2017 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

No Poll?

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2017 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I would point out that the Minotaur on Pact is way worse than on chaos/CD, which is already pretty useless

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
Azure

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2017 - 01:41 Reply with quote Back to top

BillBrasky wrote:
My opinion:

Useless: Rat Ogre (Must blitz or be even more unreliable, & weak armor, and Frenzy could cause problems for new coaches))

As with what Stonetroll said - I will just point to this.
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2017 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Exception.

Not the rule or anything likely for 99% of us...
fidius

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2017 - 02:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Big Guys bring a lot of character to any team, and are therefore awesome. They are generally considered liabilities because they create turnovers and they don't do anything better than any other player aside from being big (ST5).

I think Big Guys would be worth their TV if:
1) they had a way of dealing with Loner (eg. Pro cancels Loner)
2) they did more damage than other players (eg. unique access to a MB type skill, and/or improved PO, etc.)
3) they were cheaper (eg. by ~20k).

I'd also love to see a rule for Wood Elf Trees along the lines of "Totem: if Tree is not on the pitch, all players are considered to have the Loner skill."
spinball

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2017 - 02:53 Reply with quote Back to top

The main "worthless" big guys are the Pact/CD Minotaur and the Rat Ogre. I would argue with one skill roll the Chaos Minotaur becomes useful (tentacles) since he never loses his tackle zone.

The Trolls are useful because they are cheap. Snow Troll helps early and if you get good skill rolls can be useful later as well.

Ogres are overvalued and overpriced.

I love the treeman, as his purpose is to soak damage from the other team, allows woodies to field more players later in the game as they are not constantly fronting 7 av players. For halflings they are absolutely needed.

The krox is pretty good for what he is asked to do. The Beast of Nurgle is well a beast.
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2017 - 03:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Stonetroll wrote:
I'll just leave this here.

Hate that thing! 4 TDs vs. my Ogres
Azure

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2017 - 03:38 Reply with quote Back to top

BillBrasky wrote:
Exception.

Of course it is not likely...after all - you believe the big guys to be worthless and thus do not give them a fair chance - hence it is extremely unlikely. Threads like this just continue the unfair bias against rat ogres and minotaurs...very sad!
Grod

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2017 - 03:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, I rate the elf treeman very highly for the protection he gives on the LOS, not just replacing a player there, but limiting blicks against the other 2. He also helps open up initial gap on offence.

Oscar Wilde
licker

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2017 - 04:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Azure wrote:
BillBrasky wrote:
Exception.

Of course it is not likely...after all - you believe the big guys to be worthless and thus do not give them a fair chance - hence it is extremely unlikely. Threads like this just continue the unfair bias against rat ogres and minotaurs...very sad!

I agree about ROs, they can bring something to skaven which they otherwise cannot get. Though there are still different play styles which some coaches are better at, so it's really dependent on the individual.

The same is simply not true about Minotards, for any roster. The one roster where they could provide a benefit (CD) is a Minotard who can't take M on a normal roll, so, basically completely and utterly pointless.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2017 - 05:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
Personally, I rate the elf treeman very highly for the protection he gives on the LOS, not just replacing a player there, but limiting blicks against the other 2. He also helps open up initial gap on offence.

I see the WE treeman as quite a double-edged sword. I agree, it can be useful against bashy teams, but against other elves, it is a complete waste of TV.

I always smile when I see a treeman take to the field against my HE/PE teams Smile

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
tussock

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2017 - 05:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Treemen are the best player in the game, not taking one is insanity.
Everyone who can get an Ogre should take an Ogre, or all the Ogres.
Everyone who can get a Krox should take a Krox.
The Yhetee is very good for Norse. Learn to love the ROAR.
The Beast of Nurgle is essential, but you may not like yours.
Teams that can take Trolls, must take Trolls, and will then hate them.
Tractors are fun, and anyone who doesn't take one obviously doesn't like fun.

Rats without a Rat Ogre do work, but so do rats with a Rat Ogre. It will often make you sad.

Lots of people don't take Minos, and are not unhappy with that choice. People who do take Minos, mostly they make it work. You really need to use them all the time, and lots of people would rather not.

They're all overpriced, maybe not the Treeman, but, like, ST 5+, so they do work.

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2017 - 05:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Just stay away from the minotaur for Chaos Dwarves... stay away!

Jump to: