34 coaches online • Server time: 13:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post Secret League zombie...goto Post Designer's Comm...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2012 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

can someone explain how this will work?

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2012 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

My guess is that there might be more interest in a straight battle for wins vs. losses, instead of CAS counting. Goblins get more weapons, and av6 will break in a stiff wind. That system doesn't really seem fair. I'd be interested in seeing who actually wins more. Standard league scoreing, me thinks.

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2012 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I am open for all discussion. If most of the coaches think that simple 3-1-0 scoring is the best way, then we will do it. But then we can't really pick the winner of the week (coach), who would be in control. That's why I chose to give some points for TD's and CAS. One option is to alter it to favor scoring more, and therefore winning.

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2012 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it planned to be an open League, or a scheduled one?

You could throw 4 gobbos and 4 fling teams in each div, and let them battle it out for glory! Then have the winners (or top 2) of each Div head to the playiffs?

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2012 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Naah, I am sticking with the current plan. Something different. Smile

But I changed the CAS points to +1. So it really favors winning and scoring. If you think that Flings can't make casualties, you haven't seen enough...

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2012 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I got to be honest, I would prefer that it does not matter how you win either, just THAT you win. But eh, I'll see how it goes.
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2012 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

That's why you get 10 points for win. It means that when you win, the win itself is worth 13 points. So the win itself weights a lot in the scoring system.

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2012 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

We need 4 more for both sides. Can we get them? Deadline for recruiting is this Sunday (7th day). We will kick off next week, with what we got.

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2012 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

meh

confusing system is confusing

have crazy fun tho!

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2012 - 00:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Why is it confusing? You try to win every week. If you happen to be the best of the winning side, you get to choose couple of matchups for the next week. You might go for the team and choose two easy games for your side, or you can be selfish and take an easy game for yourself.

After 6 weeks there are playoffs for all teams, and the winner it TEH winner.

It's scheduled games, and every week the opponents are randomly chosen from the other side (except the chosen matchups, as explained above). So sometimes you might face the same team back to back. Or even more.

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2012 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

My favourite system, just throwing it out there. Surprised

Week 1:

Gob1 vs Haf1
Gob2 vs Haf2
Gob3 vs Haf3
Gob4 vs Haf4
Gob5 vs Haf5

Week 2:

Gob1 vs Haf5
Gob2 vs Haf1
Gob3 vs Haf2
Gob4 vs Haf3
Gob5 vs Haf4

...Week 5:

Gob1 vs Haf2
Gob2 vs Haf3
Gob3 vs Haf4
Gob4 vs Haf5
Gob5 vs Haf1

So yeah basically everyone plays everyone. At the end the race with the best score is teh best. It's a total team effort and the team wins, everyone is hugging and celebrating their race's superiority. (each race can name their highest scoring coach as their season champion of course)(honours for players too, topscorer, top basher, etc, basic league fluff)

The team scores could be win/draw/loss per week so if you win week 1 with 5 wins your team gets 3pts and if the other team wins week 2 with 2 wins-2 draws-1 loss they also get 3pts and the total score is now 3-3. Or some other system...the important thing for me would be the focus on only gobbo vs flings and not so much the individual teams.

As for a cup type of thing it would also be cool with just halfling vs gobbo elimination games until one race remains and is the victor. That would of course mean some teams would sit out rounds as reserves if their team has the numbers advantage in the cup.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
TheSyron

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2012 - 02:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, I applied with a fresh, Britney Spears themed, Gobbo team.
I don't know what I was thinking when I came up with that theme.
Calthor

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2012 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Will play no matter what, but I do prefer Overhamsteren's scheme.
Dan-Da-Man

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2012 - 10:05 Reply with quote Back to top

can this team join? http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=710257

I made it for new players to play against but its not happening.

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2012 - 10:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Overhamsteren wrote:
My favourite system, just throwing it out there. Surprised

Week 1:

Gob1 vs Haf1
Gob2 vs Haf2
Gob3 vs Haf3
Gob4 vs Haf4
Gob5 vs Haf5

Week 2:

Gob1 vs Haf5
Gob2 vs Haf1
Gob3 vs Haf2
Gob4 vs Haf3
Gob5 vs Haf4

...Week 5:

Gob1 vs Haf2
Gob2 vs Haf3
Gob3 vs Haf4
Gob4 vs Haf5
Gob5 vs Haf1

So yeah basically everyone plays everyone. At the end the race with the best score is teh best. It's a total team effort and the team wins, everyone is hugging and celebrating their race's superiority. (each race can name their highest scoring coach as their season champion of course)(honours for players too, topscorer, top basher, etc, basic league fluff)

The team scores could be win/draw/loss per week so if you win week 1 with 5 wins your team gets 3pts and if the other team wins week 2 with 2 wins-2 draws-1 loss they also get 3pts and the total score is now 3-3. Or some other system...the important thing for me would be the focus on only gobbo vs flings and not so much the individual teams.

As for a cup type of thing it would also be cool with just halfling vs gobbo elimination games until one race remains and is the victor. That would of course mean some teams would sit out rounds as reserves if their team has the numbers advantage in the cup.

+1
 Jump to: