24 coaches online • Server time: 05:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2015 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

In the age of TV and niggled apothecaries, you need to take a sanguine attitude toward what happens on the pitch.

Fouling pads your Cas stats, which in turn pads your ego. Foul, foul, foul some more. PO makes the game easier. POMBs away, baby! Dead players are stories told: if you really like the player, link him in your team bio as part of a team hall of fame!

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2015 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

thoralf wrote:
Primarch wrote:
Nobody here is your mother, and don't expect them to want to hear or be sympathetic to your problems.

Nobody here's Primarch's father, nor his older brother, nor his hillbilly's cousin. And this is not Primarch's problem. Primarch's telling you there's a problem. It gets minimized. The gamerhood's safe.

My god..........you are a terrible quoter. That should be me, not Primarch.

As a non-native English speaker, I don't think you'll be picking up on what I'm picking up.

The bottom line is from the ensuing posts of the OP, I'm very much of the opinion that this site isn't for him. Nothing personal, I just very much doubt it'll work out how he wants it to work out.

Still I could be wrong, I have been before.

Shinomune wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:
Seriously though, I think you need to man up a bit. It's either a fun game or it isn't. If it isn't, walk away. Nobody here is your mother, and don't expect them to want to hear or be sympathetic to your problems. We play to escape our own life crap.

But if the crap here is worse than real life, then what? Shocked
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2015 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Nextflux wrote:
but I dislike predactibility aswell

you must hate this thread then....

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2015 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
That should be me, not Primarch.

Right. Fixed.

harvestmouse wrote:
The bottom line is from the ensuing posts of the OP, I'm very much of the opinion that this site isn't for him.

The gamerhood's safe. Move along, nothing to see.

The bottom line is that the tropes used for the minimization that is going on right here right now may one day end up in studies about gaming communities' ethos.

Well played!

Last edited by thoralf on %b %21, %2015 - %22:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2015 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I got over player loss after my 8th or 9th legend bit the dust.

It happens.

Surprised Mad

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2015 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

thoralf wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:

Right. Fixed.

harvestmouse wrote:
The bottom line is from the ensuing posts of the OP, I'm very much of the opinion that this site isn't for him.

The bottom line is that the tropes used for the minimization that is going on right here right now may one day end up in studies about gaming communities' ethos.

Well played!

No, you're misunderstanding me.....or I'm coming over as an arse. Probably a bit of both.

I wish the guy all the best.......I really do. He clearly has issues and you know 'tough love' really is the best policy.

Man up and get on with it or walk away. It's really simple. The more you pamper the worse it'll be in the long run. I'm not a bully, I'm not bullying here. If you look at page 1, I was helpful. Many many people were helpful, all the answers you need in a page. Then you get 2 more pages of people saying the same thing in different ways met with 'yeah buts'.

It didn't work out last time, or the time before, or the time before that because of a reason. It's quite clear from this thread that 'reason' is why it'll probably not work out this time either.

But I'll end positively. My advice is you can enjoy BB. However I think you should play by yourself in the Test Mode. Things are less important when you play on your own.
Primarch

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2015 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
thoralf wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:

Right. Fixed.

harvestmouse wrote:

Well played!

No, you're misunderstanding me.....or I'm coming over as an arse. Probably a bit of both.

I wish the guy all the best.......I really do. He clearly has issues and you know 'tough love' really is the best policy.

Man up and get on with it or walk away. It's really simple. The more you pamper the worse it'll be in the long run. I'm not a bully, I'm not bullying here. If you look at page 1, I was helpful. Many many people were helpful, all the answers you need in a page. Then you get 2 more pages of people saying the same thing in different ways met with 'yeah buts'.

It didn't work out last time, or the time before, or the time before that because of a reason. It's quite clear from this thread that 'reason' is why it'll probably not work out this time either.

But I'll end positively. My advice is you can enjoy BB. However I think you should play by yourself in the Test Mode. Things are less important when you play on your own.

Couple of things.

1. I never said "yeah but" one time in this thread. Maybe you should actually read what I wrote in my posts before throwing around nonsense?
2. I clearly said that I need, and want to get better, and would be willing to take any constructive criticism. If I was going to quit, you wouldn't see posts like that.
3. I can ask for advice for whatever I want, unless you own the forums?

Finally, I will end on a good note, clearly you took the entire point of this thread wrong, and you have an issue with my questions. Not sure why, but maybe you'd be better off not posting anymore? I mean, I don't think this thread's for you, but I do wish you the best of luck, I really do.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, you are certainly coming off as an arse to me right now. I asked a for a simple bit of advice, your response is continuously for me to quit the game. I sure hope you aren't on the welcoming or recruiting committee..
Primarch

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2015 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

It happens.

Surprised Mad

About that, I need to work up to the first legend I guess...gotta start somewhere...lol..
Primarch

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2015 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

The advice I am going to certainly take, and it was from several people, is to try and improve. I appreciate the responses save a couple from the same guy.

I watched a few replays and have already seen some things I need to improve on, but there are many many more.

Any advice on improvement beyond RTFM are much appreciated, I am already doing that.
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2015 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

My advice:

Laugh.

This is a GAME.

All odds are based on d6, which makes every silly thing quite possible (including player deaths).

Have fun.

And yeah, Harvestmouse is a forum-bully, but we still love him (he's cute & cuddly).
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2015 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Primarch wrote:
PainState wrote:

It happens.

Surprised Mad

About that, I need to work up to the first legend I guess...gotta start somewhere...lol..
Do what I did. Challenge a bashy, beefy team designed to kill your team off, and play with the mindset of "I've been looking for an excuse to retire this team"

Was a fun match, start to finish (with 15 in the out box for the last several turns). Thanks Crooks666!
Primarch

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2015 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

BillBrasky wrote:
My advice:

Laugh.

This is a GAME.

All odds are based on d6, which makes every silly thing quite possible (including player deaths).

Have fun.

And yeah, Harvestmouse is a forum-bully, but we still love him (he's cute & cuddly).

Fair enough..
tussock

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2015 - 01:23 Reply with quote Back to top

The Zen of this game is that less is more.

Roll less bad dice, so as to make your opponent roll more bad dice, so you get more good dice to roll. Then you start to learn which bad dice you should roll anyway, sometimes a bare 6+ is the only game-changing option left, but most of the time you're better to just force them to roll some bad dice of their own instead.

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2015 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Nextflux wrote:

Hate wasn't a word I used, but yeah, thease threads are stupid too, and I could go into lenghty explinations about what I think, and everyone can do the same, but will there be any change? no.. its just talk and accustations about what some guy wants some other guy to behave, so its preatty pointless really.
Primarch

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2015 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Nextflux wrote:
pythrr wrote:
Nextflux wrote:

Hate wasn't a word I used, but yeah, thease threads are stupid too, and I could go into lenghty explinations about what I think, and everyone can do the same, but will there be any change? no.. its just talk and accustations about what some guy wants some other guy to behave, so its preatty pointless really.

Another fellow with reading comprehension issues? Never said I wanted anyone else to behave, I just asked how other folks deal with player loss. I'd like for it not to matter to me as well so I can enjoy the game even more. Nothing about fixing anyone else. Your reply however, is the definition of pointless.
 Jump to: