28 coaches online • Server time: 07:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wex

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2016 - 12:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I've watched some of his games and I think he's good enough to be in Prem. His team, though... I think they're a bit too raw. Probably could have used another season in Confs.
Pyates16

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2016 - 12:35 Reply with quote Back to top

You still rolled the 6s just as he rolled those 6s to get into those make that block
I watch the replay. The way or your cas dice where going there was no doubt that you more than likely would have had that match.
And I have a feeling he WAS a good coach
suttbutt

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2016 - 12:39 Reply with quote Back to top

you don't magically become a bad coach because someone kicks your pixels.

seriously people.

bloodbowlers that get too attached to their players need a reality check

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2016 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

*CUDDLEBUNNY ANYONE?*
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2016 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Both fouls were completely justified tactically. Would have been a different argument on T16 rather than T8 but at that point in the game not going for the foul with zombies to spare would have been bad coaching.

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2016 - 13:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Turn 16 fouling is debatable and was generally considered bad manners, those fouls are fine. Each team has its strengths and weaknesses, elves being that they draw fouls and get hurt easily. On the other hand they can win the game with 3 players as mentioned.

It would be a shame to lose Ab, but its often the case that we lose the odd player over this sort of thing. We need to maintain the competitive and cut-throat nature of the league.

One thing I have noticed is that the swl culture is a little more competitive and less friendly than perhaps it was in the past. We have always had a hard league with things like fouling and killing players but a good spirit was maintained which makes it bearable. Perhaps we need to be mindful of the spirit in which we play the game and the enjoyment of our opponents while still playing as hard as possible. Before someone thinks I'm directing this at Grumpsh, I am not, I didn't even see the game Razz

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2016 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

It's difficult to competitive when these sorts of things happen tho.
And let be honest I'm sure if the boot was on the other end and these people who foul (a lot) get fouled and lose players I'm sure they would be annoyed at the fact.
Semitence

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2016 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I still think that moving pushing more teams into prem wasn't the right move.

6 promotions this season.
Samaranthae

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2016 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Im going to throw this out there. I have felt for the last 2 seasons in particular that on a team development level that one team each time has been undercooked. And no i'm not talking about Tyranid. I have suspected that this was because of the increase in teams going down over recent seasons. However Smegish and Dazedmw both had elf teams hit prem and get destroyed. Its tough up here and its not just me.

I don't want to talk about Ab08mi too much and not just because the 3 letter shortning of his name sounds horribly racist. But if i was in this situation of feeling undercooked i would be trying to survive a season in prem, build back up in conf and have a good hot go when it comes later. So lets talk inducements.

When you take a wizard and Zara. The gloves are off. If you bring a chainsaw or high St Star player and especially a wizard what you are telling me is that you want to bring it and that it's prob going to hurt me.

If you take 2 apothecaries and 2 babes then its telling me that you are going to try and win by still having some players on the pitch. If you never have to use the apothecary's some will call it a waste but if u need a 2nd apo and you only brought one... I don't feel for you i'm sorry but that extra apo was the difference of the fireball which -MA my werewolf or the St4 Blodger which tied up the rest of my team after my tackle was cas'd by your fireball...

I hope Ab08mi is not sulking. I hope its just pyates who is sulking and i'm sorry if he is. But i am not sorry for any of my actions except for the mistakes i made in the first drive which let him turn me over.

The fouls will continue until morale improves but the good news is i now have a dwarf who will bend me over and you can all watch that with glee.
Fortis

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2016 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Turns out that MB spam is really rude against Vamps.

Also that S4 hobgoblin was really fun for the 4 turns I got to use him for.
Faulcon

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2016 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Now a pointless foul would be the t16 foul in the URN against Grod that killed his st4 blodge dorf blocker when his opponent couldn't get to the ball to win. But I cheered it anyway because I hate dorfs.

PS: Fouls happen, teams rebuild. Just take it from me. To quote the skink bio...

Quote:
Season 14 and a new record with 32 fouls against in 7 games. That's despite 0 fouls by the Zen Adepts in the last round after KFC destroyed us the previous week and the troll started with a first turn RIP (failed apoth) on Eyeuieelinsh.

(That last 0 foul game we only had 9 players against a loaded CDorf team to start with so there wasn't really much for him to foul even if he'd wanted to. As it happened he was too busy thrashing me 6-0)

I've stopped keeping track since then but hey, the skinks are still here in season 63 and still going strong even with an 8 cas, 7 foul outing against Grumpsh to start this season.
tussock

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2016 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

There's been one AG 4 team win this thing in LRB 6. The Black Swans. Arguably 2 with the recent Orcs, but you know what I mean. The Black Swans made prem three times before getting the title in their 10th season, and never really recovered to peak form through to their 17th.

https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3437383

That's the last match of the season they won (intercepts, 1-turns, what a game), with 8 players left, including 3 rookies. Just 2 originals (Jetta and Bam Bam), and one other ST 4. You want to play with elves, that's your life. You skill them, they die, you replace them, often running journeymen, and if you're good enough then a couple of modest freaks are enough to take the whole thing if you can keep them alive. The other dark elf runner in that team picked up a niggle in their very first game. Half your luck.

But you know why there's not more elf teams won prem? There's just not many old elf teams, at all. Most of our LRB6 premierships are won by old teams full of reasonably fit superstars and legends, and there's only really a couple of coaches trying to do that with elves, where it's a bit harder than Chorfs. Also, look after your stat freaks.

--

But really, that Thrower took Guard on doubles. Elf Guards do not have a good life expectancy. Fouls, blocks, surfs, or just falling down while trying to get in somewhere tricky for an assist, you make too many dodge rolls and you take too many armour rolls, it just doesn't work for living long. Like putting Diving Tackle on a Goblin, they're not going to survive it. It's the choice you make when you skill them like that.

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2016 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Its pretty simple. Your legacy coaches are all playing bash or anti bash mid-range.

If a few good coaches jumped to 'paper' prem wouldn't be a meat grinder

Elves wont win often in a stamina league with higher concentrations of good bashers grinding their players out.
Semitence

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2016 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Relezite - correct. I was making these arguments about 8 seasons ago. Deaf ears.
Foad

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2016 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Grumpsh wrote:
The fouls will continue until morale improves but the good news is i now have a dwarf who will bend me over and you can all watch that with glee.

Wont be he first glee club formed at an elven wake.

Wont be the last either.

Jump to: