29 coaches online • Server time: 13:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Feed back
I needed a refresher on the Golden rules.
29%
 29%  [ 17 ]
I dont foul so who cares?
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Foul all Menz..to hell with rules !!!!!
44%
 44%  [ 26 ]
PIE
20%
 20%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 58

PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2013 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

4 Golden Rules of Fouling

I noticed when Iam specing matches that it seems we need to once again revist and review the 4 golden rules of fouling. It seems some coaches have gotten rusty under CRP when it comes to fouling.

1) NEVER foul a stunned player. Dont do it.

A stunned player can perform no action next turn so you do not have to worry about him. You can come back next turn if you desire and lay the boot.

Also the odds of something good happening (getting a CAS or KO) compared to your getting sent off makes this foul a fools errand. Think about it. If you have DP you KO+ on 7+roll on the injury chart. BUT 2-6 is just a stun result. Which means in the end the foul did nothing. He was allready stunned to begin with. So you took a chance when 14/36 of the time you will achieve nothing, he just stays stunned but you get the pleasure of getting sent off.

Exception to the rule: the Legendary player who has to be sent off the pitch. Ok take the chance and lay the boot.

2) NEVER foul if it hurts your chances to win more by being sent off EVEN if you send your opponeets player to the RIP box. Sure your opponeet is miffed that you killed his player but now you are in a weaker position and hurt your chances for the win.

Remember at the end of the day Foulling is another tool to advance the goal of winning the match. Sure hurting pixels is fun and all but in the end it is really all about winning. Ok, for some of you it is not. But then again you guys only have one golden rule on fouling. Foul all 16 turns and foul all menz....so you dont really need this reminder of the golden rules of foulling.

3)When the game has gone south and your chances of winning are gone start foulling with your highest SPP players. You are not fouling out of spite because you are losing you are attempting to protect your best players for the next match. By getting them banned from the match. Plead with the ref to send you off. Make sure you have some assists to break his AV so you have 2 rolls to get sent off. You have allready lost the match. Why lose your best players on top of that in a losing effort? Players in the Ban box are safe.

Exception: So you are losing to a superior/luckier opponeet who is not trying to rip your head off at the same time. Then run your best players to the other end of the field and only if he pursues because deep down he wants to rip their heads off you then start foulling back. This golden rule is not cut and dry like the first two. It is a game by game choice.

4)Foul his best player ALL THE TIME. If your opponeets best player is laying on the ground..Send in the boot. Dont worry about odds and such, although be leery of golden rule #2. Fouling his best player(s) sends a message to your opponeet and it might just change up his game plan on how he uses him. CPOMB or POMB guys must always get a boot when they are on the ground. It is the #1 deterant to forcing your opponeet from hitting the yes button on the do you wish to PO screen. A DP sitting in the backfield with a golden shot on a prone PO player might just force him to stop using PO on every block.

So there you go...A recap of the 4 golden rules of Fouling.

Last edited by PainState on %b %16, %2013 - %21:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Traul

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2013 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

3)+4) = you know what to do when facing a Chaos Pact minmaxer...
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2013 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

not sure if serious....Neutral

--j

ImageImage
maneetti

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2013 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Dont agree bout 1) if you face a team with one really good player, for example only clawbomber or oneturner, you really dont wanna miss a good fouling chance.

Edit: like you said and I missed Very Happy

Last edited by maneetti on %b %16, %2013 - %18:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2013 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Traul wrote:
3)+4) = you know what to do when facing a Chaos Pact minmaxer...

I read that as "when facing a Chaos Pact minotaur." Which might be true, if the minotaur has some skills, but it's the exact opposite of your intent...
pythrr

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2013 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

[5] foul when you wish. Sometimes you just want to foul things. This is ok, and fouling is a legal action. Your opponent can whine all they like. So not let this deter you.

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2013 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

derrrrrrr
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2013 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Fool's Gold!!

harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2013 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Rule 1 is complex, and is a good as a general guideline, but shouldn't be a rule.

What if it's turn 7, first half and the downed player is a match winner. You have a deep bench and 2 spare 40k ish players and the T8 TD is a certainty.

This is just one scenario, where it's pretty much mandatory to foul a stunned player.
B_SIDE

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2013 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't foul enough, and I know it. I'm trying to improve this aspect of my game. But I almost never foul when I'm down players to my opponent, and that happens a lot since I play squishy teams a lot.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2013 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Unless you're playing teams with very cheap players where you have an abundance, I don't think there is a 'I don't foul enough' anymore.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2013 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:

--j

Isn't that always the way? Just take everything in life as a gag, that way, it's always funny! Wink
Cavetroll

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2013 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:

--j

It's PainState, of course he's serious Smile

But for sake of argument, which would you find more disturbing (serious or joking)?

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2013 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

1. Plan the turn around the foul, dont just foul as an afterthought, that way you can bring as many assists as possible
2. Dont bother fouling low value players (your DP is probably worth more)
3. If you risk starting the 2nd period with less than 11 players by getting sent off then think very hard about the benefits of the foul - usually its not worth it (kos can return, sent off players cant...)
4. You need a bench to foul properly.

btw, what is foulling?
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2013 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Cavetroll wrote:
shadow46x2 wrote:

--j

It's PainState, of course he's serious Smile

But for sake of argument, which would you find more disturbing (serious or joking)?

Is that rhetorical? Very Happy

/me fouls Cavetroll with no rules. /me is a maverick. Like in Leathal Weapon, but with less anti-semitism. Wink
 Jump to: