19 coaches online • Server time: 03:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ritzi

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2015 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Basicaly it seems to be the same every time you Play. You either ran out of RR on your 4th turn or you dont need one in the hole halft and get 2 extra RRs because of Kick of results. So i am asking myself how many RRs do other coaches use? 3,4 or in some cases even 5? Also does it matter if you get a leader? So would you skip a RR because of a leader and Play with only 2 instead of 3? And does it matter at what TV your Team is? Basicaly i think at a higher TV you should have more useful skills and therefore Need less RRs, right?

With LRB 4 i did tend to have a lot of RRs, now im thinking to skip some at some teams for TV reasons and i somehow feel like its a bit worrysome.
AegisTheHyena

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2015 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I use two, leader if I can get it. Less rerolls means I have to think about my moves rather than powering through.

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2015 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, I may start a team with 2 RR but every developed team I have will eventually have 3 or 4. I don't think I'd take 5 RR on any of my teams, though perhaps in some very unique circumstances. However, some very good coaches do take 5. I point to some of Malmir's teams. Fleetfoot had 5 I know, and I think some of his others (Colorful characters?) have had 5 RR at some time and both of those teams have won majors.

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2015 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I use somewhere between 2 and 4. 4 is very rare occasion, though. Depends on the roster, and its age, and the leader situation, and their strategy in general. An amazon team may need 4 if lacks core skills or 2 would be plenty if there are enough core skills. (One example of the 24 teams.)
I may have 4 with orcs as I don't sport the thrower recently. 3 is the standard number for elves most of the time.
2 might be enough with Norse (all around block), unless the team plans on heavy surfing.

Use common sense and historical data of your own teams for judgement.

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2015 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Cant go wrong with 3.
Merrick18818

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2015 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I run four when I can because I roll entirely too many dice.

Kids, don't be like me.
Throweck

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2015 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Real men roll with 0 RR.

I am not a real man.

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2015 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

2 or 3 in CRaP. If I have a leader I cut it down to a max of 2. If you only have 1 reroll left and it is turn 5 of a half, don't use it unless it is for something extremely important that would lead to ball control or stopping someone from getting the ball from you.

I would say I burn the best majority of my rerolls on GFI's for positioning.

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2015 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

happygrue wrote:
Personally, I may start a team with 2 RR but every developed team I have will eventually have 3 or 4. I don't think I'd take 5 RR on any of my teams, though perhaps in some very unique circumstances. However, some very good coaches do take 5. I point to some of Malmir's teams. Fleetfoot had 5 I know, and I think some of his others (Colorful characters?) have had 5 RR at some time and both of those teams have won majors.

If your team is mainly a tournament team those extra RRs can be handy going in to over time.

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2015 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

3 is enough in the Most Cases ,though i add on high Tv Teams maybe 4th And Leader .but it depends on your playstyle,Play Safe And use less rr Works too ( unfortunaly im Not a Safe player And Trust the dice too much:-) )
happygrue

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2015 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

If your team is mainly a tournament team those extra RRs can be handy going in to over time.

That does seem to be where I've seen it. 3-4 for a half on a high TV team that is already going to be giving away a wiz... may as well pile on some extra TV and have enough RR to spare some!

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2015 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

depends on the team race, no?

Dorfs can get away with fewer, as can VIKINGAS !!!!

Elfs, less so.

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2015 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Depends on the race, the coach and if you have a leader. There's no right answer, but it should be around 3 unless you are playing Vampires/Squig Herders/Flamers of Tzeentch.

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2015 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

How are you going to use the team?
Are you going to play very conservative all the time? You don't need very many.
Are you going to strive to get the most out of every turn and intend to roll lts of dice? Multiple rerolls are essential.

Does your team have access to skills that reroll certain actions (starting skills and skill you add through spps)? You don't need as many Team rerolls on a team that is going to be loaded with Player rerolls.

Those are key questions to ask yourself based on who you are as a coach and which roster you are playing. I would say if you are new to playing a race... you probably need more rerolls that you do with a race you have figured out.

Vampires and Slann and probably Ogres need more rerolls.
Amazons, Dwarves, Chaos Dwarves, Dark Elves, Norse need fewer rerolls.

In general... I would say never more than 5 rerolls... never less than 2.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2015 - 03:13 Reply with quote Back to top

If you look on a mathematical level at the possible permutations, you'll find that 4 RR give you the most options of use compared to the cost.

Any deviation from 4 is based on whether you see yourself doing better with an underequipped or an overequipped team.

The deviation in cost in RR can be a quite severe factor in the decision making process.

I guess personally I'm leaning more to 5 RR, being able to RR an action every second turn and then some (it's nice to have the ressources to RR a critical push back here or there or just to power through a couple of turns).

But even I am leaning more and more to 3 RR when it comes to teams that pay 70 TV for a RR.

Either way, low RR teams tend to play a feel completely different from high RR teams.
 Jump to: