41 coaches online • Server time: 10:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wolbum

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2021 - 09:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
Chivite wrote:
I would expect the big guy to be an animal savagery yehtee with no disturbing presence for a 10k reduction

I doubt it. Khorne is a favorite for GW. My guess is that they want to make it a tier 1 team and make it the most pain inducing team at the same time.

Unchanneled Fury, Claw, Mighty Blow on the Blood Spawn
Mighty Blow on the warriors
Khorngors and/or marauders with frenzy

If the Blood Spawn started with both claw and mighty blow, he would easily be the best big guy in the game out the box. Even with the nerf to remove the skills stacking, it is still very powerful and I feel even GW wouldn't screw the balance up that much.
Kondor

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2021 - 10:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Wolbum wrote:
Kondor wrote:
Chivite wrote:
I would expect the big guy to be an animal savagery yehtee with no disturbing presence for a 10k reduction

I doubt it. Khorne is a favorite for GW. My guess is that they want to make it a tier 1 team and make it the most pain inducing team at the same time.

Unchanneled Fury, Claw, Mighty Blow on the Blood Spawn
Mighty Blow on the warriors
Khorngors and/or marauders with frenzy

If the Blood Spawn started with both claw and mighty blow, he would easily be the best big guy in the game out the box. Even with the nerf to remove the skills stacking, it is still very powerful and I feel even GW wouldn't screw the balance up that much.

So, looking at the basic chaos team, what would it take to turn a Chaos Variant team into a tier 1 team?

This game version is sorely lacking a team that moves to tier 1 through casualties.

The team I described would sell minis but I don't know if it would be tier 1 even with the skills I mentioned.
Kransky

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2021 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

"So, looking at the basic chaos team, what would it take to turn a Chaos Variant team into a tier 1 team?"

Play Chaos Dwarves? They just like shorter Chaos Warriors with skills. Bull Centaurs are faster, stronger beastmen and Hobgobs are a bonus
Kondor

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2021 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Kransky wrote:
"So, looking at the basic chaos team, what would it take to turn a Chaos Variant team into a tier 1 team?"

Play Chaos Dwarves? They just like shorter Chaos Warriors with skills. Bull Centaurs are faster, stronger beastmen and Hobgobs are a bonus

I could be wrong but I don't see Chaos Dwarfs as a tier 1 team in this edition. They are also one of GWs legacy teams that probably will never get any attention.

Hobogoblins are horrible ball carriers with no armor and no opening skills. Centaurs are also horrible carriers at AG2, no block or dodge, and weaker break tackle. The 6 dwarfs are good at what they do and they are the backbone of the team but not enough to make it tier 1. They simply do not have the muscle to be a tier 1 team through bashing, for that, I think they need access to 4 S4 players.

I also don't see CDs as real chaos, any more than dark elves are chaotic elves. They are just evil dwarfs.

I am expecting one of the 4 gods of chaos to field a tier 1 team. It is most likely to be Khorne but I could see GW beefing up Slaanesh too with claws on their warriors and dodging Slaanagors.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2021 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Slaangors are yuge in AoS, I wonder if they will go down that route in BB

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2021 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

According to the fluff, khorngor, pestigor, slaangor and tzaangor are all just the "marked" version of a Bestigor, which is a sort of buffed Gor (basic beastman).

Blood bowl might not take exactly that route because pestigor are already not noticeably different from a Beastman runner apart from two additional skills that would qualify as a god's mark.

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2021 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a bit surprised that nobody yet posted a link to the SL Khorne team: https://fumbbl.com/help:KorneT

Because it looks a lot like it. Human linemen, 4 khorgors, 4 warriors, and a yeti-like BG. They could have different skills but overall I wouldn't be surprised if the official team looks a lot like that.
Azur

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2021 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Alien_the_Alien wrote:
I'm a bit surprised that nobody yet posted a link to the SL Khorne team: https://fumbbl.com/help:KorneT

Because it looks a lot like it. Human linemen, 4 khorgors, 4 warriors, and a yeti-like BG. They could have different skills but overall I wouldn't be surprised if the official team looks a lot like that.

and what about the Black Orks roster https://fumbbl.com/help:BigUnT ?

Secret Leagues are called "secret" because they secretly inspire GW Wink
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2021 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

We need to summon a Keeper of Secrets then!!!

koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2021 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Azur wrote:

They probably have Garion locked in a basement.

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2021 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is another team I would like to see made OFFICIAL by GW...

SLANN
There are these Frogmen from SPACE that utilize all of their Frogginess to win games.
They were once an Advanced Species that ruled the Prime Material Plane ages ago but have long since devolved into decadence and depravity. Stooping so low as to play Blood Bowl.

That type of team with their abilities to Leap and Dive for Catches and Tackles is a Game Changer opening up NEW game tactics and solidifying many TRADITIONAL strategies that fall by the wayside in the "Kill All Mens" point and click mindlessness aspects of the game designed to illicit a SQUISH-ing sound to satisfy a certain level of Sadism.

Without such a team only Wood Elves really bring that 3-dimensional chess level of risk and reward into the thought process of the game.

Don't get me wrong. And element of Scissors is certainly needed in this game to cut up and rip open the Rock aspect of High AV teams like Orcs and Dwarves. But more Horns and Claw and Mighty Blow still ignores the Paper teams of Blood Bowl to flourish with AG and Dodge.

Why not another team with TACKLE spam, maybe just across 4 positionals? Something with the Speed to hunt down Elves and the rest of a team to help support then in other aspects of the game. Maybe some Runners with AG and G access, maybe even Passing skills. A couple ST4 players (similar to a Flesh Golem or Black Orc).

Something like:
4 - Tackle MA7 ST3 AG4+ AV8 - Skills Tree A G
2 - Dodge MA 6 or 7 ST3 AG4+ AV 8 - Skills Tree G P
2 - MA 5 ST4 AG3+ AV 8 or 9 - Skills Tree S G
Then some Linemen tyoes snd an Ogre or Troll
Maybe the linemen have G and A access... maybe just G
or the Linemen start with Sise Step or something (maybe Diving Tackle) and no A access unless on Doubles.

It's probably a Tier 2 Roster but it does have some appeal and utility in the game.
Especialy since SO MNAY Chaso style rosters (and many NON-Chaos rosters) seem to REFUSE to skill even 1 player with Tackle (the most useful skill for ripping Elves in half ever created).

Just IMAGINE not needing a POW to cripple on Elf. Can you even dream of such a team? Able of not just beating Orcs and Dwarves and Human and other Chaos teams through Attrition but to be able to win the Elves that are so immune to the mighty Claw?

Call them whatever you want. Design some cool-looking Minis for the team. And watch as NOBODY buys them in favor of the point-and-click teams.

Do the game designers at GW ever PLAY the game?
Azur

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2021 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Azur wrote:

They probably have Garion locked in a basement.

FREE HIM!! NOW!!
Alien_the_Alien

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2021 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

So pretty much Garion's team with some slight adjustements https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/09/23/these-khorne-team-stats-let-you-master-the-art-of-grievous-violence-on-the-gridiron
Linemen are only AV8+, warriors a bit more expansive and khorngors a bit cheaper.
The BG stats aren't revealed yet but is likely yeti-like as well.
We'll see if their keep their M access on primaries.
Chivite

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2021 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

thanks for the link Alien.

Team looks fun. looks like it will explode as well and make things explode.

overall looks tier 2. which is fitting
Chivite

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2021 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking at those costs i expect rr to be 60k. As then you can field the whole box +2 rr and it is bang on 1m
 Jump to: