61 coaches online • Server time: 20:21
Index Search Usergroups Profile
Log in
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Wrestle Gutter Runne...goto Post snotling ball carrie...goto Post Missing encoding of ...
SearchSearch 
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jimrod



Joined: Apr 05, 2004

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2021 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup, was a simple question and interesting to learn from the replies to it! No need for any big arguments - I'm still learning and realising there are no hard and fast behaviours; I literally just played my first match with Amazons, vs Dark Elves, got a few goes in, was in position to score and had badly hurt one (no fouls committed) - the opposition player started asking "Do I match?" Then saying I should play orcs and conceded. New to me but I guess I'll take the easy win. Not had that before!
tussock



Joined: May 29, 2011

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2021 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

You can report rubbish concessions. They're rare because it's against the rules and people report them.

https://fumbbl.com/p/help?op=rules

People are excepted to finish their games, in general, unless the team has a valid in-game reason to concede, not just because you don't like the opponent play style.

_________________
ImageImage
Jimrod



Joined: Apr 05, 2004

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2021 - 08:21 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:
You can report rubbish concessions. They're rare because it's against the rules and people report them.

https://fumbbl.com/p/help?op=rules

People are excepted to finish their games, in general, unless the team has a valid in-game reason to concede, not just because you don't like the opponent play style.
Ahh, good to know, thanks! I just didn't get it really, he even got the Blitz and caught the kick off, not like it was a one-sided match!
Fanky



Joined: Jul 07, 2016

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2021 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I never understood the "T16 foul bad bad" idea. BB is fun cause it's an interactive game. If you don't want to be fouled you have to play in a way that discourage it or reduce the damage. Why somebody should be allowed to play T15 full potential without the threat of the boot. To move important players without consequences for no in game reasons. That's unfair! So, if you don't want to be fouled, i don't know, regroup, run away or just drop the ball and make me score a TD in T16.
koadah



Joined: Mar 30, 2005

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2021 - 12:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess that people don't like that you can injure a player and hamper their team development when there is no in game gain for yourself.

Sometimes it is done for the fun, sometimes out of saltiness.

It was maybe a bigger deal when DP was +2. Twisted Evil

It may be less of an issue when seasons come in and teams will be wrecked every 15 games anyway. Wink
Though for some it may be a bigger issue as they will have a fixed cap of 15 games to get into Majors shape. T16s around games 13+ may be a bigger deal than in games 1-10.

Same old story. People come from different BB backgrounds and play the game for different reasons.

_________________
Image
[SL16] Championship! Tuesday 18th January. NO TV limit! - Challenger Swiss 1700TV
Fanky



Joined: Jul 07, 2016

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2021 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

i am saying that there is an in game gain: Oppo have to play T15 thinking if he wants to protect his players and how and structure his turn according to that decision. Playing a turn with "boot immunity", no clear in game reason, it's an unfair advantage.
koadah



Joined: Mar 30, 2005

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2021 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Fanky wrote:
i am saying that there is an in game gain: Oppo have to play T15 thinking if he wants to protect his players and how and structure his turn according to that decision. Playing a turn with "boot immunity", no clear in game reason, it's an unfair advantage.


You you are mot gaining from this particular foul in this particular game.

You may gain from other people having fouled in the past.

This gain will usually be a pretty minor incentive compared to "it's the spirit of blood bowl" or petty revenge/vindictiveness.

_________________
Image
[SL16] Championship! Tuesday 18th January. NO TV limit! - Challenger Swiss 1700TV
pythrr



Joined: Mar 07, 2006

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2021 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

it amusing watching people tie themselves up in knots defending or attacking the T1 foul.

FOUL BECAUSE IT'S FUNNY. OR NOT. IT'S YOUR CALL.

end of debate.

_________________
Image
Image
JackassRampant



Joined: Feb 26, 2011

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2021 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Are we really doing this again?

Fine.

Koadah, there are always reasons to foul. Every casualty you get is another casualty in your favor. Some people think their stats are important. In open TV-matched gaming, every lost super star on your team is 100k your next opponent doesn't have to play with, so the cost of the t16 foul is very low, even if the reward for the fouler is more abstract and/or situational. In closed gaming environments, every lost super star on your opponent's team is a super star you won't see next season/series/whenever. I'm not saying you should always t16 foul, but I think it's hard to condemn it as nothing but a dick move.

_________________
Focus not on things you can't control, like bad dice, but instead on things under your power, like how far you flip the table.
koadah



Joined: Mar 30, 2005

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2021 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

You don't have to do it again. Smile

I didn't "condemn it as nothing but a dick move."

Do it or don't. Your choice. But depending on the situation it may well upset some people.

_________________
Image
[SL16] Championship! Tuesday 18th January. NO TV limit! - Challenger Swiss 1700TV
Catalyst32



Joined: Jul 14, 2008

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2021 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Again. You have said nothing. Countered nothing. Proved nothing. Yet you continue.
THAT IS A CRUSADE that you are on to continue so. So you again PROVE my point.

You have also not been honest in your representation of what has been discussed. Nowhere has anyone suggested a BAN on T16 Fouling. That is YOUR dishonesty slathering your untenable position creeping into the discussion. So you once again PROVE my point.

It has been pointed out you have ZERO TEAMS and have played ZERO games here. This also goes to prove that you DON"T EVEN KNOW what you are talking about when it comes to what you are saying in your Crusade.

Yet here you are. BEaten but still throwing haymakers that do not land. Rolling Eyes

Bellenrode wrote:
Catalyst32 wrote:
You don't really make any points that refute what I have said or that have made anything concrete any more than I have according to your own standards. But then how could you.

I said "The consensus I know of is that you are free to foul on turn 16" and the responses in this thread (as well as my personal Blood Bowl experience) seem to be in sync with that impression and contrary to your claims.

Catalyst32 wrote:
Your Crusade against civility has been received. We all get it. You prefer to not be cool by falling in with the cool kids that like to own the Forums and break everyone else's toys for no reason.

1) It's not "crusade against civility" as much as it's the belief that the record has to be kept straight.

2) Is that supposed to be the royal "we"? If not, who are the "we" in this context? I must admit I have failed to notice people sharing your position on the subject (the ban on fouling on turn 16 under the threat of ostracism).

3) Why would I want to "not be cool by falling in with the cool kids that like to own the Forums and break everyone else's toys for no reason"? What others and their actions/opinions have to do with my own individual opinion on fouling itself?

I assure you, if I "fall in with the cool kids that like to own the Forums and break everyone else's toys for no reason" that's because I see merit in fouling on turn 16 and my "falling in with the cool kids" is merely a coincidence.

Catalyst32 wrote:
But that is not the ettiquete of the game and you know it.

I know you should stop saying what I know when you do not know me or what I know. Also, repeating something X times won't make it true when it's not true the first time around.

JanMattys wrote:
Just out of curiosity: you have 0 teams on fumbbl and 0 matches played. Why and how exactly are you arguing about Fumbbl non-written rules and site in-game etiquette?

I am arguing about Blood Bowl rules and the alleged etiquette surrounding playing Blood Bowl in general (which I believe to be largely analogous to FUMBBL's). Or is playing on FUMBBL so fundamentally different that I am wrong in my position?
Catalyst32



Joined: Jul 14, 2008

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2021 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Double Post


Last edited by Catalyst32 on Dec 14, 2021 - 19:12; edited 1 time in total
Catalyst32



Joined: Jul 14, 2008

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2021 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't judge him. It is HE that is coming at me and coming at the GAME as played and enjoyed HERE on FUMBBL. Something he knows NOTHING ABOUT.

I keep telling him "You do You".

It is he that will not let me be. It is he pushing some Kill All Mens Crusade into infinity. I even went away for nearly a month because I had better things to do and had made my point.

But he cannot accept that and let it be.
Nt only can he not just go do him. He can't let me be me. He can't let the majority of FUMBBL be FUMBBL. He can't let the mores of the game be the mores of the game. Even though he has to know by now.




JanMattys wrote:
Bellenrode wrote:
JanMattys wrote:
Just out of curiosity: you have 0 teams on fumbbl and 0 matches played. Why and how exactly are you arguing about Fumbbl non-written rules and site in-game etiquette?

I am arguing about Blood Bowl rules and the alleged etiquette surrounding playing Blood Bowl in general (which I believe to be largely analogous to FUMBBL's). Or is playing on FUMBBL so fundamentally different that I am wrong in my position?


It is different, yes.
Regular blood bowl is either played in NAF events (which largely means no-progression, which makes the problem about t16 fouls moot), or against friends / aquaintances in a League.
Against friends, banter, rivalries and whatnot are a common occurrence and part of the fun. I would totally foul my best friend's star werewolf in turn 16 of the last game of the season just for the fun of it. Because I know we both enjoy the rivalry and killing his players just helps ignite that fire.
The same goes for Fumbbl Leagues, of course, even if, in general, I'd say that fouling that player in t16 just helps the other players in the league, not you.

But on the majority of Fumbbl games (which means R-B divisions, and now C) you are playing against people you dont know. People you are unlikely to meet on the pitch again in the next few dozen games. And people who probably aren't particularly fond of recovery games.
In this environment, I find it a stretch to believe that they love when you cripple their players "for the lulz". They might. But it's safe to assume that they also might not.

So, if in this situation you automatically assume you can behave in the same way you do with your pal at your local club, yes I believe you are wrong.

Fumbbl is pretty different from your local league or your games against friends. It MIGHT be the same, but for the most part it is not. In my opinion this must be taken into account.

I dont judge you like Catalyst. But I prefer to be a gracious winner than a merciless one, at least when I face strangers and there's nothing for me to gain.
Catalyst32



Joined: Jul 14, 2008

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2021 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Bellenrode wrote:

By the way, it's sad to see this kind of behaviour here. Then again, I guess some people are just like that and will use literally anything when they can't target the quality of the argument itself, be it the number of posts, the join date or the number of games.


Rolling Eyes THE QUALITY OF HIS ARGUMENT!!! Laughing

FAIL!!! Laughing
Catalyst32



Joined: Jul 14, 2008

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2021 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Bellenrode wrote:
Zlefin wrote:
Yes, it is true; happening to be right by chance is very different from being right because you have a proper knowledge base.

Is this by chance or because this is the natural result of how one approaches the rules of Blood Bowl, which are the fundament of... playing Blood Bowl? Which is also the vital part of having "a proper knowledge base"?

Zlefin wrote:
Also you're being rude.

This is quite a feat, considering I didn't even start [being rude]. And considering the tone of YOUR post.



The TONE of other people's POSTS are in YOUR HEAD.

You could read his post you are referring to as Whiny, B@tchy, Angry, Furious, Calm and Reasoned, Sarcastic, Matter-of-Fact, Exhausted, Curt, Informative, like a Lecture of Standards and Practices, Polite and Informative.

You can read ANY TONE YOU CHOOSE into his post.
Interesting to know what it is YOU CHOOSE to read in something written by someone else... isn't it?

You seriously believe that YOU have the ability to interpret HIS TONE... which means that YOU can read minds... more than words but the TONE behind the words... you must be some sort of UBER GENIUS... or more like you see the TONE of your own mind reflected in whatever anyone else has to say to you.

So you read anything that agrees with ou as something like a cheering crowd encouraging you to TROLL ON!!!

But when people disagree you hear some sort of "NEGATIVE" TONE. Hmmm

What is it that you hear in YOUR TONE.
I suspect you hear the Saintly words of a Scholar giving a Sermon from on High to the masses of cheering sycophants against the ills of vile people who dare to think differently.

TONE. Rolling Eyes TONE. Rolling Eyes
Display posts from previous:     
 Jump to:   
All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic