54 coaches online • Server time: 15:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Speccing and Playing...goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2022 - 08:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
to put the comparison in mind, you are talking about 240k of strength + the equivalent of the old clawpomb (60k), and due to reliable 3d blocks, you are almost as good as tackle (20k) plus block (20k) + AV +AV (20k)

so yeah, arguably morg IS 380k worth of skills all stacked on the same player. that's why he's so good. you would absolutely build, say, a chaos beastman with that exact skillset, but instead anyone can get him.

however, just like old clawpombers, ONE simply isn't enough to be reliable. so he's high variance. and so, old clawpombers would drop all the bonus strength, and instead replace it with more clawpombers. but since you can't, morg is the best option you have.

The difference is st3 zons have Dodge everywhere which is suuuuuper powerful. Add morg and you're laughing

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2022 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Rerolls are now 60 kPo. It hurts.

Last edited by rremy on Oct 02, 2022 - 11:10; edited 1 time in total
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2022 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Kinks wrote:
Do we have a date?

What happened to our date??
Kinks

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2022 - 01:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Journal Issue 15. Share Pre-order product that will be delivered from 08/10/2022.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/blood-bowl-spike-issue-15-2022

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2022 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Put my preorder in with m FLGS. Somehow this new team seems much more interesting to me then old zons
Lyracian

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2022 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion26 wrote:
Put my preorder in with m FLGS. Somehow this new team seems much more interesting to me then old zons

I agree. Weaker as a Tournament team but much more interesting for a League.

Lyracian.
JoeKano

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2022 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

no big guy but blitzers cut to 2. sad panda face.

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2022 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
PirateRob wrote:
The fact that blockers do not come with block is one of those great mysteries of the universe.

Not really, Block nomenclature is from American football. Block the skill is not blocking in American football terms. Its more akin to tackling.

Very few Blockers have Block.

St 4 Dodge is huge though. Give them Block and stand firm and you have game winners there.

That said.... In this silly rules set the best roster is 11 Linemen and morg

I did that in a TOURNAMENT 2 months back with current Zons. WENT 2 WINS 2 DRAWS 2 LOSSES FINISHED 40TH OUT OF 84 ooops capsbecause i had a star player i could only have 2 skills

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2022 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Kinks wrote:
Lokragen wrote:
do we know if we can use hit and run on a blitz?

No, we don't know.

Unless they errata it or clarify it at release I cant see why not, as it is a free move after the block which even in a blitz the hit you do is a block so Id argue for it

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2022 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

so with hit and run, we block, follow up, then move an extra square ignoring tackle zones?
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2022 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

On a block yes, as long as the end square is not adjacent to a standing or downed opponent. Not sure whether it applies to a Blitz action

Edit: actually doesn't that make stopping this silly OTTD people are talking about easy? Just have 3 players on the LOS and 3 more directly behind them. Then the Zon Blitzer can't Hit and Run forwards
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2022 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

just need a different variant of chain push Razz
Irgy

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2022 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

C0ddlefish wrote:
On a block yes, as long as the end square is not adjacent to a standing or downed opponent. Not sure whether it applies to a Blitz action

Edit: actually doesn't that make stopping this silly OTTD people are talking about easy? Just have 3 players on the LOS and 3 more directly behind them. Then the Zon Blitzer can't Hit and Run forwards

No they just hit the second row instead
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2022 - 08:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Good point. Would 7+ players spread evenly across the pitch work? Like the classic deep OTTD defensive line? You'd at least need a removal on the blitz.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2022 - 09:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Yea this was already discussed previously

If opponent can field 11 players, then they can make a full screen from sideline to sideline, which means the amazon needs a removal on the blitz to get the Hit N Run move
 Jump to: