24 coaches online • Server time: 08:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Banjoclan

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2016 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

The last game I played the other player had a higher TV by 70. Before the game the inducement thing came up and I tried to use the 70 but I ended up (mistakenly) using 70 of my gold for inducements. How do I get inducements when I have a lower TV?
Uedder

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2016 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

You don't need to add any money.
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2016 - 01:49 Reply with quote Back to top

If you read that screen carefully it says you already have 70k of inducements. Just don't add money

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
Naru1981

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2016 - 01:50 Reply with quote Back to top

you already have 70k to use.
or do you mean you want to add to the 70k?

i.e you want a star player for 110k. so you want to add cash to it to make the difference

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2016 - 02:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Stanley wrote:

i.e you want a star player for 110k. so you want to add cash to it to make the difference

In that case you'd need to put the whole 110k from your team bank.
Banjoclan

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2016 - 03:13 Reply with quote Back to top

OK, so again today, I did the same mistake. I had a 50k deficit so I ended up spending 50k gold. However, I could only buy 1 card. Is there a link to how to buy the inducements. I couldn't find it in the guide. In other words, If I don't put any money in but I should have inducements coming how do I get them.

Also, today, the card I bought said that I could ignore the 1st armor break, but I never had a chance to use it (I had several KO and stunned players). I think the card was "lucky break" or something.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2016 - 03:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Banjoclan wrote:
OK, so again today, I did the same mistake. I had a 50k deficit so I ended up spending 50k gold. However, I could only buy 1 card. Is there a link to how to buy the inducements. I couldn't find it in the guide. In other words, If I don't put any money in but I should have inducements coming how do I get them.

Also, today, the card I bought said that I could ignore the 1st armor break, but I never had a chance to use it (I had several KO and stunned players). I think the card was "lucky break" or something.

If you invest petty cash on your team, you increase your teams TV.
This increased TV will be subtracted from any inducements you would get for TV difference.
In other words if your TV difference is -70TV, you would get 70k inducements.
If you then add 70k petty cash, your TV difference becomes 0TV but you still get 70k inducements for the petty cash.

If your TV difference would be -70TV and you wanted to induce a bribe (100k cost), you would have to invest 100k petty cash.
Your TV-difference would then be +30 and your opponent could buy inducements from that money.

If your TV difference is +20, you would still have to pay 100k petty cash to induce a bribe, but your opponent would get 120k in inducements for free.

In other words, to use petty cash you must always induce exactly the cost of what you want to buy.
Banjoclan

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2016 - 03:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, I think I understand. So if I have a TV deficit, just put in 0 and it will allow me to buy inducements up to the cost of the deficit. Is this correct? Thanks.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2016 - 03:41 Reply with quote Back to top

1- read the rule book on how inducements work

2 - buy bribes

3 - foulapalooza!

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2016 - 05:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Banjoclan wrote:
So if I have a TV deficit, just put in 0 and it will allow me to buy inducements up to the cost of the deficit. Is this correct? Thanks.
Yes, correct.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2016 - 05:32 Reply with quote Back to top

As for cards, there are two phases:
One where you select cards and one where you select anything else.
If you spend your money on cards you'll be done then and there (Since the cheapest thing you can buy is worth 50k, no screen will pop up for anything less.)

I don't know about your card. It may have been automatically used at some point (first knock down) without you noticing.
Desultory

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2016 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:

If you invest petty cash on your team, you increase your teams TV.
This increased TV will be subtracted from any inducements you would get for TV difference.
In other words if your TV difference is -70TV, you would get 70k inducements.
If you then add 70k petty cash, your TV difference becomes 0TV but you still get 70k inducements for the petty cash.

If your TV difference would be -70TV and you wanted to induce a bribe (100k cost), you would have to invest 100k petty cash.
Your TV-difference would then be +30 and your opponent could buy inducements from that money.

If your TV difference is +20, you would still have to pay 100k petty cash to induce a bribe, but your opponent would get 120k in inducements for free.

In other words, to use petty cash you must always induce exactly the cost of what you want to buy.

This confused me as well and I don't think the rulebook explanation or the in client explanation is that clear. Wreckage's explanation is brilliant though.

I used to try and be clever and add 10k petty cash if the team value was 150k difference to try and prevent a wizard buy, but I was actually throwing away 10k and giving an extra 10k to my opponent in inducements. Smile
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2016 - 11:07
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Leaving just this issue.

the user guide really could be clearer, but most things are there somewhere.

But click
'help'
then
'Racial Strategies and Rosters' OR 'Strategy and Tips'
then
'Inducement List'
then
'Available Cards' (hidden a bit, towards the end)

and you get here: https://fumbbl.com/help:Card+list

Where you can see the card you name does not exist. But was probably:

9 Lucky Charm Pre-game Ignore first Armour break Single use

So it should have been offered to you pre game only, and you have to choose 1 player that can then ignore their first armour break. (great for a star BC, or Blitzer that often ends in trouble, or a foulable star player, or even a LOS grunt.)

Some vague and unhelpful discussion of the cards we have is here:
GLN Cards article

Hope that helps.

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2016 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage's explanation should make the interaction between petty cash and inducements in CRP pretty crystal clear.

The client can be a bit confusing for a newcomer (unfamiliar with the rules), as the pop-ups all link into each other in quick succession, which means if you don't know the ruleset you might think it's all the same step. It's not.

So we have two separate phases, both following the weather roll, first:

CRP, pre-match sequence wrote:
2. Transfer Gold from Treasury to Petty Cash
Both teams at this point may transfer gold pieces from their team treasury into petty cash. Petty cash may be used during the current match to purchase inducements and adds directly to the team value of the team for this match. The team with the highest team value must declare how much gold he is transferring into petty cash first.

And then following that:

CRP, pre-match sequence wrote:
3. Inducements
Teams that are at a disadvantage are often given ‘inducements’ to play that will help even the odds. Usually this takes the form of extra gold, offered by the stadium owner to help convince a team to take part in a match against a superior opponent (and thus allowing the stadium owner to recoup his losses and more through tickets sales and merchandise!).
To represent this, an underdog in a match may be given a certain amount of gold that can be used to buy things for the team to help them in the upcoming match. The amount of gold the team receives is equal to the difference between the total value of the underdog team and the total value of the opposing team. For example, if one coach had a team worth 1,000,000 gold pieces while his opponent had a team worth 1,250,000 gold pieces, then the first coach would be allowed to spend 250,000 gold pieces on inducements. Any of the gold that is not spent on Inducements is lost and may not be added to the team treasury.
In addition, either coach may use gold from their petty cash to purchase Inducements. If the superior opponent wishes to purchase inducements with gold from his Petty Cash, he must do so before the underdog purchases any of his inducements.
Inducements are selected from the following list..

(emphasis mine)

The idea is to make it less simple for the underdog to become the overdog.

In terms of the card you got, Lucky charm is played on a player of your choice before kick-off, and then that player ignores the first AV break he incurs (this happens automatically in the client, and you won't be notified it has finished, so you have to pay attention). You're prompted to use this pre-game, and if you don't, then there is no opportunity to play it later. In the client if a card is active you will see it in the toolbar (active cards menu) next to the inducements menu.