59 coaches online • Server time: 18:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season 100!goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Foad

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2017 - 07:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sure there's a scheduled "haircut" timeout in there somewhere...

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2017 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Dlock wrote:
This is how Autumns leaves will take 2nd title;

Blackwater Glee Club beats Wana Warriors. Leaves will beat Large Head on colliders and Blackwater Glee Club.

Simple.

- Paging dlock to the Prophesy Lounge, your destiny is waiting...

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2017 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Everyone...

I'm announcing the retirement of the warriors. I will be parking next season due to my impending baby, and when I come back, redrafting.

After 13 seasons and nearly 100 games we have (and please indulge this humble brag)
- Been in premier 4 seasons
- Never been relegated from premier
- One title (and a small chance at a second)
- Unforloned orcs
- One of the few (perhaps the only) side to win in their coaches first trip to prem
- Gave me my first legend

Regrets include their extremely poor showing in the urn series.

Importantly my idea for a build worked very well, (all hail guard and SF) helped by Ubirr who seemed built to fit into such a side.

They may play again if:
a) I get the chance to play urn from an unlikely second title
b) If I decide to come back during the BB Cup, I may dust them off as it doesn't favour starting sides

Anyway... Let's all hope for a draw between dlock & foad (and Barre not to win his games)

Finally a big thank you to Faulcon & Foad for organising to play me early so I could get it done before the wife pops.

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
Manzoo

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2017 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice team them Warriors and a very impressive record.
Will be shame to see them go. Felt they had some unfinished business with my Dwarfs.

Although who knows...
if Dlock and Foad draw and Barre doesn't win, there is a chance that we will be equal on points.
Could mean a playoff!!

All the best to your family and looking forward to playing you again.
swladmin

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2017 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL Season LXVII Round 5 Axe

SWL Premier League LXVII

Autumns Leaves vs Large Head-on Colliders - extension

German Vermin Conference LXVII

All Clear

Southside Stone Smashers Conference LXVII

Madness Mountain Misery vs Domestic Blitz - extension

Woodies Double Conference LXVII

All Clear

Steve Regional LXVII

Mahrak Howling Jackals vs Hashut's Offering - provisional extension

Robert Brout Regional LXVII

All Clear

Dlock

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2017 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Sad to see warriors go. They were really tough nut to crack (for elves anyways, I liked your skill choices, really smart and different), and I did really bad against them always, but for that very reason I wanted to face them again.

Any chance you postponing the baby coming for another season?

- D
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2017 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Mazoo - I don't think there are playoffs. If H2H was a draw it is touchdown difference. Next is casualty difference.

Dlock - yeah, the DT over Dodge was done as I was worried that a lack of MB and zero PO would leave me susceptible to elves. Turned out to work far better than guardspam did against rock sides. I think my first title was no doubt helped by the heavy paper make up. That's why if I had won this season it would be one hell of an achievement, but hey, got found out big time last night against foad.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
D_Arquebus

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2017 - 02:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Well done to the Wanja Warriors and Coach DDS. Impressive accomplishment and a first to get that hoodoo off the Orcs back. Smile

*co-orcsaretherealeasymode-ugh* Wink Razz

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2017 - 02:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Playoffs are only where teams tied on points did not not play each other, hasn't really been used for a long time. It was mostly for promotion to prem when that was less places.

It'll be TD difference then TDs for (then cas diff, then cas for), the Beards! will need either a 2-0 and 1-0 win, or a couple 2-1 wins or better.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2017 - 02:40 Reply with quote Back to top

hmmm, I thought that may be the case.

But, It's just that the SWL guide has playoff (3rd) above td difference (4th)
I may have misread it. Or it could need updating.

Either way, the Beards! are going to have to play like they have never played before. Raaarghhh!
Foad

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2017 - 02:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Last night was crazy, every hit I threw seemed like a KO - almost wrong to have such an awesome team finish like that... If some how I get past dlock and you finish second, with commish approval, I'd be happy to waive my Urn slot for them lovable green skins.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2017 - 06:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Manzoo - play offs only if sides did not play each other. Made for those Reggie's with 11 sides where you play 4 opponents. Same as SoS. You can basically skip step 3 in prem.

Foad - thanks for the offer but if you were to step aside, I wouldn't feel right about representing SWL unless I'd earned it. Also, I am sure there will be a side with more prem points than me, and I wouldn't feel right about skipping ahead of them either.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
ramchop

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2017 - 07:50
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Team Challenge - Season LXVII

A busy week

The ladies of HAND grab another point. This time Domestic Blitz with their win against Madness Mountain Misery, secure victory over VILLAINS. Is the reign of the champions about to end?
HAND 2 - 1 VILLAINS

Not so fast. All Sorts pummel Freezy Trees, and VILLAINS grab the point from the DIBBL Invaders.
VILLAINS 2.5 - 1.5 DIBBL Invaders

Mexican Standoff lose to dual citizen New World Winers and Diners. The vampires win means HEROES get hit with two losses.
FOUL 1 - 0 HEROES
ALIEN 2 - 0 HEROES

And to compound their woes, Office Rats beat the GGS. So despite retaining the Boot from their original Faction rival, HEROES look likely to take the Wastepac spoon
HEROES 1 - 1 DIBBL Invaders

With a game still to go, HAND have beaten FOUL. This ends the human, err, the Amazon faction's season. Currently topping the table on 3.5 points.
HAND beat FOUL

Only two Factions are still in it. HAND at the top of the table, being carried by three teams of Amazons after their Norse and Human stablemates dropped out. Who needs men?
The only threat to HAND taking their first title is FOUL, battling to be the only Faction to take it out 3 times.
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2017 - 03:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Been playing on the SWL page.
- ashes 2017 isn't up, though I'm willing to pretend it didn't happen if everyone else is
- hall of Shane button doesn't display anything
- just checking - nurgle in 4.0 was so bad it was "unplayable"? Lack of apothecary was a drawback on an otherwise strong roster yeah? (On a HoF entry)

It's so awesome to be able to flick through all the details of the past just want to send props to those who have contributed to it

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
Semitence

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2017 - 04:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't worry Stu, you'll get on there.
 Jump to: