41 coaches online • Server time: 11:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2020 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

So here is an admin's wish list compiled from various discussions.

Add any more wishes to the bottom.

* I would like spp progression to be an option in league. So we can choose between classic progression and the new system.

* The option to switch seasons off.

* The option to adjust Expensive Mistakes starting point. (or keep this option as we currently have it)

* The option for adjusting the value of stat increase for L, or again just allowing to switch between classic mode and the new system. E.g. +St 80k or +St 50k etc..

* Adjust skill values. Especially random skills TV value

* The option to change the value of MVP (4 or 5 spp), and choose between random or select 3 etc.

* Choice of different kick-off tables. E.g. BB2020, BB2016, CRP, LRB4

* Games per season

* Rebuy base treasury. i.e. Not fixed at 1,000,000 and not fixed to Starting Treasury.

* Bonus per game

* Bonus per win

* Bonus per tie

* Bonus per loss?

* Bonus per TD

* Bonus per cas

* Hard cap

* Agents fees

* Different season lengths e.g. long 1st season but others shorter.

* Coach can "end season" and rebuy before the real season ends.

* Coach cannot prematurely end season until the team has played n games

* option for individual cap per team. e.g. so that teams in different tiers in a league can have different cap values.

Last edited by koadah on Aug 15, 2020 - 15:23; edited 4 times in total
koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2020 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Can "no seasons" or "unlimited" seasons work with this ruleset?

"Unlimited" might have season set to e.g. 5000 games or unending but a coach hit "end season" for their team so that they can rebuild.

Is it better to just stick to old-style progression?

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 10:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I mostly play just leagues, but I was around when CRP came into being on FUMBBL and I remember that client changes at the time were the death of some leagues (e.g. 7s). So I'd like to add some things not covered above to the wishlist around retaining the fantastic flexibility we currently have:

Client

* Setup - value based max players on field
    * Setup - value based max players in widezones
    * Setup - value based min players on line of scrimmage
    * Inducements - continue to allow flexibility in Wizards, Star Player on both teams, petty cash affecting TV, etc...
    * Skills - Right stuff preventing tackle
    * Sneaky git sent to KO

My assumption is that current FUMBBL roster management and skill settings will retain current functionality, as will team management. Ruleset options I can see changing a lot depending on what is supported. Key things for me from those from a league management perspective are:

* being able to set starting treasury for new teams
    * being able set the range of 'players on team' will be important.

As always huge thanks to the love and attention, not to mention hard work, that Christer, Stowelly and Candlejack (and others) put into this incredible site and community.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

How will seasons actually be calculated for league? For instance, I assume in C, it will just be number of games. In League though, people don't always play their games (due to real life circumstances), but for their league, that season should still end.

Ideally, we'd be able to have 4 options: Number of games, end of a particular tournament, end of a particular set of tournaments, or when the league commish hits a button, all the teams related to that button have their season end.
kalaerwin

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2021 - 09:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes please!
guestblog

Post 24 Posted: Mar 04, 2021 - 08:42 Reply with quote Back to top

There was once a blind man who had so fine a sense of touch that, when any animal was put into his hands, he could tell what it was merely by the feel of it. One day the cub of a wolf was put into his hands, and he was asked what it was. He felt it for some time, and then said, "Indeed, I am not sure whether it is a wolf's cub or a fox's: but this I know -- it would never do to trust it in a sheepfold."
Evil tendencies are early shown.
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2021 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

What could make this work for me is the option to bypass all the played/win/tie/loss stuff and set the rebuy cash to whichever is the smallest, TW + cash or the cap.

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2021 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

If leagues couldn't adjust the 20k player cost increase per season... that would be very limiting.

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2021 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks as though that is being catered for.

https://fumbbl.com/p/ruleset?id=9

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2021 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Assuming we'll still be able to play reserection style leagues. Would be good to have the BB2020 "exhibition game" kick off table as an option.

Also I think there is an "exhibition match" prayers to Nuffle table??

Last edited by TheFear on Mar 04, 2021 - 19:37; edited 1 time in total
BlockBadger

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2021 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Totally with the fear on that.

What I personally would like is the options to change very inaccurate's check level and to remove it entirely.
Rafe

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2021 - 19:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Keeping Bloodlust as an option for L (2016 and 2020 skillsets), so SL teams etc don't have to all become AS
tussock

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2021 - 08:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Just as a number that's already sitting there and used for a similar purpose, there's a score on the teams list for groups, if we could use that to add to a team's rebuy, it'd let us patch in a bunch of house rules without adding new site functions or database stuff.

As long as the team rebuy thing could read the group score, which, yeah, teams api has the group number in it for imported teams, so functionally should be doable I think.

Mind you, we can also just edit the team's treasury before rebuy, so not really needed I guess. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2021 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Editing the treasury might work for small leagues, but some some leagues are pretty big and teams will be ending their seasons at different times.

Honestly, I think that this would be a good feature. It would be a compromise between official seasons and no seasons.

IMO it would be better than either.

Jump to: