47 coaches online • Server time: 12:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Speccing and Playing...goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dscore20

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

There's literally a forum section dedicated to complaints now? do people really hate this edition that much?

Ok, here's my take:
I love the change to the passing stat.
It not only makes sense (at least in my brain) it means only the throwers can do a good job throwing. This makes sense, and gives players a reason to get throwers besides sure hands.
Also, everything has been streamlined for new players on tabletop. Allow me to remind you the rules for agility back in 2016:
A 3 Ag player does everything on a 4+. They get a +1 for "simple tasks" like dodging, quick passes, catching an accurate pass and some other things.
Why not just say "3+ for agility, passing on a 4+"? It makes understanding the game's dice mechanics SO MUCH SIMPLER!
ALSO passing needed to be nerfed. Don't get me wrong, passing should realistically be easier, but in a board game like blood bowl, every elf player being able to pass on a 2+, catch on a 2+ was WAY too easy to move the ball around and made catching the ball carrier, stopping a guaranteed score, everything you tried to do to counter an elf team with a good coach was nearly impossible to guarantee.

I love the new level-up system with SPP being more like a currency you can save up or spend instantly. I love the chaos of random skills now being optional. I love how stat increases are less common, since a gutter runner randomly becoming Strength 3 at 1st level due to random chance was kinda game-breaking.

I love how MVP is only worth 4 spp now since an MVP and a pass won't equal a level-up all on its own now, tho I do wish they still let us choose 3 nominees instead of a random person from the whole team, but idk how balance works too well.

I love pretty much everything about this edition. My only gripes:
-Slann don't exist in default Fumbbl anymore
-Vampires got nerfed for no reason
-MVP award is random from the whole team, a step backward from nominating three players like in 2016

Anything I forgot? lemme know below

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I dunno. I think that regular elf should still be able to pass better than Tom Brady. It's an elf!

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

You should put this in that discussion, to avoid the complaints spilling into this one as well.

As they always do.

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Java wrote:
You should put this in that discussion, to avoid the complaints spilling into this one as well.

As they always do.

But this one has a more positive outlook. Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm loving the new edition. The new skill system is so much fun! Also, I was very skeptical about the new reroll rules, but after playing with them for awhile, I think it actually adds strategic depth.

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I also like it. Positive comments posted in the 'Complaints' thread, to make it longer. LONGER!

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

WE CAN BEAT THE CLAWPOMB THREAD

WITH FRIENDSHIP AND POSITIVITY

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

It's part of the Blood Bowl tradition to have terrible rule changes every few years. It makes you feel alive.

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I love blood bowl.
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

praise Nurgle!

Dalfort

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I love the "New" Rules as I am old enough to remember having a Passing Stat (called Throwing Skill) from (the real) Second Edition, although other than it's rather nifty name I don't miss Cool which was used as a modifier for catching side of the Passing Procedure.

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Wood elves lineman so expensive! 3 loners minimum by game
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I think the first and most important piece of advice in this ruleset is that you gotta invest in Dedicated Fans and Team Re-Roll counters, and if that means not taking as many (or any) positionals, that's fine. Wood Elves are hard mode early on, as you need to be able to make it work with only one Thrower and a bunch of Linemen. But then the cash starts rolling in, and a late-blooming Wardancer is still a pretty good player. Wood Elves at low values have gone from the brainless elf squad to the tricky one.

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2022 - 01:49 Reply with quote Back to top

sometimes when there is a negative thread you just have to look at who started it and their motivation. Then you apply a basic wikigame formula. For example : Mekutata starts a complaint forum. Mekuta is heavily involved with Goblins. Goblins play with Trolls. Three clicks for a win. Troll!
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2022 - 02:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes