Secret League Americas
is an American-timezone league that uses the Secret League ruleset
. Detailed info on Secret League can be found here
- essentially, it comprises some 70+ custom team rosters that can be used, in addition to the 24 standard Blood Bowl rosters and the Simyin roster (which has been available in the FUMBBL [L] division for some time).
Season 5 is currently running!! Round deadlines are as follows:
Round 9 - 9/23
League Structure and Scoring:
SLA is a round robin league with weekly rounds - each round starting on a Monday. Round deadline dates will be posted here once the season has started.
Scoring is 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw and 0 for a loss. However, there are also 'player prizes' awarded at the end of the season (see the Booty tab for more details). Teams will be awarded +1 to their season score for each player prize they possess; however, there will only be 1 of each player prize for the whole league (regardless of no. of divisions).
Further to this, there will also be items of 'lost treasure' that can be uncovered during the course of a season (again, details can be found in the Booty tab). There will be one of these per division and any team that possesses a lost treasure at the end of the season will be awarded +2 to their season score.
The league divisional structure will be somewhat flexible and will be tailored to suit the number of teams that have applied for each season. I will aim to strike the best balance I can between high/low-TV divisions and East/West Coast divisions, depending on the TV spread of the teams.
Seasons 1 and 2 featured two East/West coast divisions, with a final playoff tournament to decide the overall winner. Season 3 featured two East/West Coast, lower-TV, Builder Divisions and one higher-TV Upper Tier div. The top 4 teams in the Upper Tier and the top 2 from each of the Builders were awarded places in the final playoff.
As mentioned above, each division in SLA will contain an item of lost lustrian treasure, which can be uncovered and adds +2 to the season score of the teams that end up holding them at the end of the season. There are some other rules that are specific to these treasures:
- Lost treasures (once uncovered) can be stolen during the course of the season. If any team beats another team that is holding a lost treasure and scores either 2 more TDs or 2 more casualties than them, then they steal the treasure (note that this is only active during the league season, not during the final playoff tournament).
- If the team that wins the league (i.e. the crown) is also the current holder of a lost treasure, then that team has the option to keep that treasure permanently. However, to do this, they must voyage back to their homeland to return the treasure. This means that the team cannot play in the following season and their coach must choose (or create) a different team to play. Note that this is completely optional.
- In a similar way, if a team starts a season with a lost treasure and manages to hold it for the whole season without losing it, they will also have the same option to keep it permanenty, as described above.
- Any treasures that are won permanently will be replaced with new ones.
- There can never be more than 1 lost treasure in the same division (or it will rip a hole in the spacetime continuum and the unwashed hordes of chaos will pour forth).
New teams joining the league are allowed to play up to 3 open 'friendly' games before they start the season, to help them get off the ground. Similarly, teams that don't make the final playoff tournament are allowed to play up to 3 open games in between seasons, to help them replace injuries and prep for the new season. These games can be against any Secret League Open teams, but should preferably be against different coaches.
Teams that make the playoffs don't get to play any inter-season friendlies - they have to jump straight back in to the fire again! ;)
How to join SLA:
- Only 1 team of each roster will be accepted (after all, there are ~100 different teams to choose from!). This may be reviewed at a later date, if we end up with a large number of coaches.
- Standard rosters will be welcome, however at least two thirds of the teams must be Secret League teams (it is supposed to be a Secret League league!). The League Commishioner may refuse entry to standard rosters if we have too many.
- Turn time limit will be 4 minutes (FUMBBL standard).
- Concessions are allowed, however if a team concedes then, along with the usual penalties, the opposing team will also steal any 'lost treasures' that the conceding team had.
- Both teams will be given 50k extra at the start of each game, which they can use to purchase a special play card.
- Claw and piling on work as normal. However, Right Stuff prevents tackle on blocks and Sneaky Git acts like guard for fouling assists.
- The league is open to all coaches that are able to play games in American-timezone evenings (approx. GMT-9 to GMT-4). In terms of bbtime, that is approx. 00:00 to 07:00.
- To sign up, please pm coach JellyBelly, stating the roster you would like to play and your preference of East/West coast. Roster assignment will be on a first-come, first-served basis, subject to the rules above.
- Once your choice of roster is approved, you will need to create a new team using the Secret League ruleset (there is a link at the top of this page) and apply it to this group. I will make an effort to include as many coaches as possible when a new season starts; however, if you apply mid-season, I will add you to the waiting list for if/when a place becomes available.
We also have a league Discord channel, which can be accessed at the following link. Feel free to drop in for a chat, or if you have any questions:
Momentum is very important to the health/credibility of the league and round deadlines will be actively enforced, with foreits where necessary. Extensions will be given for games where both coaches have been communicating and a firm time/date can be arranged for the game. If a game is forfeitted and one coach can show that they have made an effort to contact their opponent, then they will be awarded 3 points for a 'forfeit win'.
The league will be operating a 3-strikes-and-you're-out policy regarding forfeits - if you forfeit 3 games in any given season then you will be kicked from the current season.
(Note that in the first 2 seasons I have been taking a hard line against 'droppers'. If it is obvious that someone has dropped and they aren't responding to pms, then I usually don't wait until that third strike ...)
Ever since Marco Columbo returned from his expedition of discovery to the New World, rumors have spread like wildfire of the forgotten continent across the Great Ocean. Daring explorers have ventured there in search of lost riches. Many have not returned, but those who did brought back enticing tales of lost civilizations, ancient cities and temples hidden deep in the Lustrian jungle, which contain ancient treasures beyond mortal imagining. Legends abound also of unusual races and creatures that can be found there – of cities full of deadly lizardmen; packs of ferocious dinosaurs; and primitive tribes of amazons and cannibal halflings that reside in the depths of the jungle.
One tale in particular that has intrigued Empire historians are reported discoveries of Blood Bowl stadiums that have been found in these lost cities. It had previously been thought that the venerable sport had been invented by warring Dwarves and Orc tribes in the Old World, several centuries ago. However, if true, this discovery would suggest that the origins of Blood Bowl go back much further, perhaps even to the early days of the Slann and the Old Ones.
To settle the mystery once and for all, Emperor Karl Franz dispatched his most intrepid explorer, Dr. Averland Jones, to the New World to find out. For many months, Averl scoured the hostile Lustrian jungle, surviving only on insects and having no choice but to kill many ferocious Lizardmen and dinosaurs with nothing but his bare hands and trusty whip. Eventually, exhausted by his trials, he stumbled across an ancient, ruined stronghold, concealed in a lost valley at the base of the Spine of Sotek mountains. On venturing into the stronghold, he discovered that it was home to a legion of undead Rasetra, who quickly apprehended him and brought him before their leader - a huge, powerful Slann Necromancer named Sloss-tti.
As he was awaiting his fate in the great Slann’s throne room, Averl was sure he was going to die. However, to his surprise, Sloss-tti offed him a bargain. In exchange for his life, Sloss-tti demanded that Averl return to the Old World to spread news of a new Blood Bowl league that he was preparing to launch. The victors would be declared the greatest team in the Warhammer World and their coach would be worthy to wear the Crown of the New World – an ancient treasure that had been handed down through generations of Slann for centuries.
And so, that is how the rumors began. Now, Blood Bowl teams from all corners of the world – from the Empire and the Skaven underworld, to the remote reaches of Nippon, Ind and the Chaos Wastes in the north – are travelling to Lustria to compete in Sloss-tti’s league, for timeless glory and ancient treasure.
Do you have what it takes to defeat them all and stake a claim to the Crown?