10 coaches online • Server time: 04:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion

Post   Posted: May 29, 2013 - 12:36 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:
https://fumbbl.com/help:NipponesseT

Garion split it into 2. The list I wanted and the list everyone else wanted. This is an example of why I took more of a back seat, and was more of an 'idea firer', as I am too overbearing.

ah cool, didn't see them Smile

yeah i split the nippon roster in to two, firstly it is impossible to have ninjas and sumos in the same team and keep balance, also sumos arent actually mentioned in any nippon fluff, though a lot of people assume they should be in there.

So i made a more bash orientated one with Sumos and a more agile glass cannon type team with ninjas.
jamesfarrell129

Post   Posted: May 29, 2013 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

OK, some feedback on these - I haven't gone through them all in detail, just the ones that looked interesting to me or caught my eye in some way:

Kingdom of Ind
Basilisk should have No Hands, possibly give it sure feet (and sprint) as well (similar thinking to BCs).

Chaos dwarves
I love 2nd ed chaos dwarves...
kicker should be 70k, maybe remove block?
Blitzer has higher AG than the rest so catch is not needed.

Dwarf engineers
I love these guys even more!
Kicker - as above.
These guys need a cannon and a see-saw as star players!! And maybe a killdozer too Smile

Snotlings
I reckon trolls still need loner... they're just so stupid. Another team I want to play!
(also: 50k rerolls?? Really??)

Beastmen
Minotaurs are AG2 in CRP rosters, but AG1 here - deliberate, or typo?

Khorne Daemons
The Bloodthirster needs leap. And probably VLL to make it better at leaping. Maybe drop the AG to compensate?

Werewolf
I liked the 2nd ed version, where (IIRC) they could transform between the 2 states as an action. Could be a possible addition, though obviously not within the game client as it stands (good one for TT though!).
Would also need the "extra" 2nd ed rules... if there's a treeman on the pitch, roll D6 at the start of every turn, on a 1 the WW has to run next to it Smile (and killing a skeleton puts the WW into reserves, and the skeleton can't regenerate)

Post   Posted: May 29, 2013 - 13:10 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
Garion wrote:
you need to download Botocs client.

or skijunkie's client, the one we used here previously. The rules are outdated on that one though. The problem is neither are available online anymore afaik.

Surely everything must be online somewhere.

Post   Posted: May 29, 2013 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

*Mino is most likely a typo.

*Dwarf Blitzers have catch due to them having them in 2nd ed. No other reason, it's not really practical.

*Kickers were basically linos (in 2nd ed) with the kick skill. This is similar to modern kick, but with a 'kick attack'. As what was done with the Goblin Cheaterz team, the nearest skill to that in present day is dirty player.

*I play/have playtested a pretty similar Snotling roster to this a lot. Really Stupid is a real problem of course, especially as snotlings do not stay around for long. It's an extremely hard roster to play, snotling positioning to negate the really stupid and not get hit is vital. Adding loner to the Trolls would make a very weak/hard roster almost unplayable.

*I think the Werewolf roster needs work too. It's become a halfway house of what it was in 2nd ed and what WWs are today. I think you need to go one way or the other. I love special rules though!

Not really sure there's much need for the skeleton/tree special rules nowadays (and halflings with sidelines as another example). It just weakens a player for no specific gain and very hard to price.

*Khorne of course is a very hard roster to do. I think you need to limit the skills you add or they become far too over described.
Garion

Post   Posted: May 29, 2013 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

they are, you can get the botocs client from BBtactics, will find a link and post it here.

http://bbtactics.com/forums/botocs-download-link-t271/
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: May 29, 2013 - 13:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Not allowed to link to BB clients.

Grod's client is another option.

Javabowl (which I've gone back to for most games) is available if you google bloodbowl online.

There was another in the works, but it's a weak option I think.
Garion

Post   Posted: May 29, 2013 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

its not a link to the client, just to a site that links to a place you can get it. dunno if thats allowed.

Post   Posted: May 29, 2013 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Pass, that's when it gets confusing.
koadah

Post   Posted: May 29, 2013 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

What is the current version? _0.6.1d_LRB6?

Post   Posted: May 29, 2013 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

jamesfarrell129 wrote:
stuff

Harvestmouse has covered most of it. So none of that is gonna change.

Ag1 and snotling rrs were both typos, I have changed both now, thanks for pointing them out. Loner is too much, the team would be so terrible.

As Harvestmouse also says, the Bloodthrister and Basilisk changes you propose make the players too overdescribed. They need to remain as uncluttered as possible. I doubt the thirster would ever fly about when playing BB anyway, I'm not sure there is room to do it really. And the basilisk could pick the ball up with its mouth or any of its legs, It has a few.

Kickers - 70k is too much of a bargain imo for two top skills for only 10k increase. I think the pricing is okay tbh. HM explains why they are the same as linemen with just the two skills.
Araznaroth

Post   Posted: May 29, 2013 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice work, hope (L) gets the changes needed one day! Custom icons rule!! Hehe +stunty teams i!n L used to rule, will need that back if i wanna fill my grid! Smile
Bobs

Post   Posted: May 29, 2013 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Always wanted to see elves with mutations. Has that been considered (or is there similar in there, i didnt check all rosters)

Besides that
I LOVE IT

Araznaroth

Post   Posted: May 29, 2013 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, went through all rosters, even Zoat! Very nice impressive work.
There just one icon that bugs me, its a cool icon but by its stance the werebear resembles a gorilla more. Smile Believe back in lrb4 we had a league that had some custom pics, that was so awesome.
Garion

Post   Posted: May 29, 2013 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Bobs wrote:
Always wanted to see elves with mutations. Has that been considered (or is there similar in there, i didnt check all rosters)

Besides that
I LOVE IT

check all the rosters Wink
Roland

Post   Posted: May 29, 2013 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Bobs wrote:

https://fumbbl.com/help:SlaanE
 Jump to: