37 coaches online • Server time: 12:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Jump up on a tree?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How should games score?
Keep 5/2/1
27%
 27%  [ 11 ]
Do 3/1/0
37%
 37%  [ 15 ]
Do 2/1/0
35%
 35%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 40

The_Murker

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2022 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I like easy math when determining who is still IN the play-off race, otherwise I'd love 11/5/1. I don't know about 'should', but I think a win is better than 2 draws in a league where teams are competing to make the play-offs, and in a game where a good coach can manage a draw, even with bad dice.

I cheer for the underdog and the inexperienced to get better dice, so I don't feel sorry for a great coach wanting full value for a DRAW he masterfully put together. I want the underdogs in the play-off hunt as long as possible, and rewarded for their infrequent and lucky wins. I also appreciate the drama caused by teams that MUST win to qualify for the play-offs late in a season, and am slightly bored by teams that are able to play out conservative draws for the second half of a season after early wins.

A do like SOMETHING for a loss, as forfeits can start to become all too common during summer and winter holidays. I enjoyed WIL. Best of luck guys.

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2022 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

WIL gives points to the losers? smh

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
Medon

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2022 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

5/2/1 is too complicated it take a degree in math to be able to find out who can still be the winner
3/1/0 is more commonly used in real life sports so we’ve developed an intuitive feeling for who can be the winner and who can’t
DaCoach

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2022 - 08:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks all for the good input.
Something to consider, though there is no clear guidance to lean on in the poll results.
I do take home:
-A win should be a little more than a fraw
-When setting scoring, use the example of 4/2/1 vs 3/4/0 as a guidance - depending on who you you think should be the winner here, adapt the scoring to that.
tussock

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2022 - 09:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Should be 4/1/2 vs 3/4/0.

4/2/1 beats 3/4/0 by your first condition, and win and a loss beats two ties.

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2022 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Good catch.
And in the case of 5/2/1 vs 3/1/0 vs 2/1/0, the former supports a 4/1/2 winner and the latter a 3/4/0 winner
 Jump to: