35 coaches online • Server time: 11:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
idmnotm

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2015 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=10605694

He reached 5 ST in pristine condition, but quickly took a -AG and a niggle after that. A bigger setback came when his team lost its other stars, including a +AG thrower and +AG wrackle catcher. An elf team that flirts with 1900 TV is basically drilling too deep in Moria.

The team was close to retirement, another failed attempt to build a fragile team by an inexperienced coach. I couldn't give up on this player though. I decided to attempt to rebuild the team while Thick McRunfast still lived.

A 5st sidestep blodger is not easy to knock down, but removing him from the pitch is really the only priority for my opponents. He's going to get ganged up and either clawpombed or fouled or maybe even die after rolling some 1s. It's going to be sad to see him go, so let's appreciate one of the strongest elves of all time while we still can.
licker

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2015 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

6 players, 2 of them niggled, a 3rd with -ma (and +ma) no bank...

I admire your spunk there mate, but I think it may well be a lost cause Smile

At the least you can just go until he takes another perm or dies I suppose.
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2015 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice player shame he won't make legend
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2015 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

PaddyMick wrote:

nonsense.

the team is ranked. just pick your games wisely.

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2015 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
PaddyMick wrote:

nonsense.

Pick me!! Pick me!!!

So this guy can kill him off...Destiny is at hand my friend, prepare to DIE

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2015 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
PaddyMick wrote:

nonsense.

I haven't been too discriminating in my opponent selection; perhaps a little picky on TV. I like deploying TMRF against killstack teams, since it finally gives elves a chance to hit back and most of the players at risk are loners.

My worst cas game was against Dark Elves.
idmnotm

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2015 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

The death of Antonior the Brown has sent the team's TV tumbling. The risky decision to use Apo on the rookie blitzer on turn two resulted in a successful heal but an overly exciting remainder of the match. Antonior died on a failed dodge, a fate unbefitting such a warrior.

The struggle to rebuild will probably be made easier without a star player, robbed of his stat bonus by a recent injury. The team's other goal, Thick McRunfast's journey to legend status, continues at a relatively steady pace. He is a casualty machine, yet a team fielding mostly loners is finding itself shorthanded every game.
selfy_74

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2015 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

idmnotm wrote:
basically drilling too deep in Moria.

I'm liking this analogy.

Selfy_74: Verified Stunty Leeg Master

Foad

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2015 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Member Since April 25, 2015

Makes me sad that you don't have a potion...

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2015 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

He'll be ok. He can fight his way out of trouble rather than dodge.

Selfy_74: Verified Stunty Leeg Master

Lorebass

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2015 - 22:58
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

But nuffle is just standing there yelling "YOU SHALL NOT PASS"
might have to try a new team...
Grod

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2015 - 00:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Its just a little niggle. Look at the past players on this roster: https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=656640

Oscar Wilde
idmnotm

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2015 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

TMRF received his second niggle today at the hands of a single-minded Warpstone Troll. A rookie Thrower was later killed. A significant setback to all the team's goals, except for the prophecy of McRunfast's eventual death.
idmnotm

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2015 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

It was a productive weekend for the team.

Losses: Thick McRunfast took his 4th perm, -MA. Original team member and Guard Jeff Jimerson was killed.

Gains: The team is now in a position to field 11 players. I'm holding off on purchasing the last positional, a 4th Catcher. I'm planning to drop a Reroll when Jeff Jimerson Jr., the new utility Thrower, gets the leader skill. I'm not sure if this is a good idea.

Thick McRunfast is now 17% of the team's value, and the piled up injuries have made him a bit of a liability. What good is ST5 if he can't safely clog the field of mark anyone with Block? It is a shame. Outside of TMRF the team is fairly vanilla but solid. I guess he's the entire point of the team, so retirement is out of the question.
idmnotm

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2015 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm pleased to announce Thick McRunfast finally achieved legend status. He is tied for 3rd on the active Pro Elf blockers list, and top 10 all time with 52 casualties inflicted. As his legend skill I selected Frenzy. A surfing threat is a big addition to the team, and he should be able to more reliably get knockdowns and open up holes. Pro and Fend were also considered, but Frenzy seemed to be the most interesting option. I nearly opened a poll for this, but with his current skills and stats the normal roll wasn't a difficult choice.

The team is in decent shape; a lineman with Kick, a full roster including all positionals in good health (sans TMRF). Of note is Star Catcher Jack Bandit, who is something of a surrogate Blitzer, and Emerging Star Blitzer Rip Steakface. Both players have Sidestep/Diving Tackle. I'm not sure if I'm an expert on Elves, but my experience confirms the common knowledge on the subject: build your team for defense, because rookie Catchers are already nearly unstoppable on offense.

There's only one more chapter to write in the TMRF saga, unless I somehow get a potion. Now that he's become my first Legend, I no longer worry about his death. Hopefully his scalp goes to a good coach and a nice player.
 Jump to: