20 coaches online • Server time: 06:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2013 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Sylvania Walkers 1 - 1 Uzkulak Pirates

For the 2nd match running, victory slipped from the team's grasp late in the game when it looked all but secure - although this time it was more self inflicted than the previous game.

The bomber proved good value, stunning a mummy early to open up the path to the ball. As players from both teams failed at key moments, eventually the Pirates got clear and tried to stall. It went bad, but Tomas Bot stepped up with a wonderous elf-like display to pass in the opener.

The side were warmed up in the 2nd half and started to do serous damage, although the ghoul seriously injured itself on a go for it. It looked like victory was inevitable but a hero skeleton brought down the ball carrier. Still, with numbers and strength and markers on the ball, it looked a lost cause. At least, it was until a greedy attempt to get the ball went bad as the dark elf renegade fell face first into it - the ball popping up outside the maul and making the equalizer a much easier play.

These 2 dropped victories could be costly.

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2013 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

By request. Looks cold.

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2013 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Great! Thank you!

No excuses for future losses now!

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2013 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, it's halftime, and short of some amazing turn around in luck, Expatriates drop to 0-3.

Short kick on the los, skulls RR'd to skulls to start Turn 1 and Turn 2, then Krox out. No ballin', no blockin', no luck so far.

We'll see...

Urgh. Some games are like that. :\

Edit - followed by more, and yet more skulls. A'yep. Rolling Eyes

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Winni

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2013 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

A mighty, if a tad bit belated comeback for the Icedragons. Inspired by their flash new logo, they stomp the Expatriates.

The game is basically decided in the first few turns, when they manage to steal the ball, kill a Saurus (saved by arcane jungle weeds from their apo), and Ingimann Reaverson, the secret star of the team, severly injures the Kroxigor. A lots of KOs follow, a skink is quite badly hurt and as the game comes to a close, one of the Ulfs manages to pickup the ball and carries it to the endzone for the 3-0.

The game ends with a nice one turn TD try by the Lizzies, however, the crucial pass to the waiting skink is intercepted.

The Icedragons team manager is confident that this victory will attract more Norse fans to their future games, as their crowd was once again vastly outnumbered.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2013 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

We're into the final round in the Bretonnia Conference! (I've been keeping track of the current outcomes in the first post of this thread, in case you haven't noticed)

What are the permutations, I hear you ask? Let me tell you.

IFK Marienburg vs Sylvania Walkers
IFK Marienburg are the only team currently guaranteed a place in the Challenge Cup.
A win for IFK means they win the Conference, simple as that. A draw is enough to win it for them if Uzkulak Pirates win by only 1 touchdown.
Sylvania Walkers can win the conference if they win this game by at least as much as the Pirates or the Bully Boyz win theirs. A win or a draw would guarantee a place in the Challenge Cup.

Black Mountain Bully Boyz vs Uzkulak Pirates
For the Black Mountain Bully Boyz to win the conference, they need to win this game, and hope the Sylvania Walkers win theirs by less touchdowns. A win or a draw would guarantee a place in the Challenge Cup.
It is a similar situation for the Pirates, except they need to win by at least two more touchdowns than the Walkers win theirs. A win would guarantee a place in the Challenge Cup. A draw would only be enough if the Walkers lose.

Pavona Pillagers vs Nidhoggstad Icedragons
The Icedragons can not make the Challenge Cup, no matter what happens.
The Pillagers can't win the conference, but they can get in to the Challenge Cup if they win and IFK win, and either the Bully Boyz or the Pirates win (ie. no draw). It is possible for them to get in through other means, but they are too complicated to consider at this time of night.

Black Chasm Rush vs New Bretonnia Expatriates
A meaningless rematch! Neither team is in contention for anything. Should still be a good match though!

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2013 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

In the last regular conference game, the Icedragons face the Pavonian Pillagers.

Unfortunately, their star Berserker and team captain gets injured severly early in the game by a very lucky block, and the apothecary cant save him. Kharnathsblut will be out for the next game, which is a big hit for the team. They still pull their offense through, and just when they are about to push at least 2 Elves into the bloodthirsty spectating crowd, they fail, the elves steal the ball, do a few quick passes and are 1-0 ahead by halftime.

The elves receive the ball in the 2nd half but have finally to yield to the superior blocking power of the Norsemen, who outblock the Darkies by about 3-1 in this game. Luckily, they escape with only 2 badly hurt players but cant stop the Icedragons from taking the ball and scoring for a well deserved draw.

The dark elven coach seems to be a bit angry after the game, refuses to shake hands with the Norse coach and disappears mopingly and quietly, leaving a angry comment in the local press.

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2013 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

We're now also into the final round of the Albion Conference, so it would only be fair to try to look into the various possibilities for the teams (although this one is more complicated than the Bretonnia Conference).

The Barak Varr Goldlords have already won the Conference.

The Black Mountain FORC'ers guarantee their place in the Cup with a win. A draw would be enough as long as either the Blitzers or the Misfits fail to win their game. A loss would be ok as long as the Blitzers and the Misfits both lose.

The Black Tower Blitzers, the Grey Mountains Lions and the Pradyshynya Misfits are all still in the running for a Cup place. They are all on the same number of points, and since they haven't all played each other, the Blitzers currently have the tie-breaker on TD difference. Up to two out of these three could go through, unless the FORC'ers win, in which case only one can. It is complicated, but basically they each need to win their game to have a decent shot at it.

The L'anguille Leapers can also still make it, if they win their game and both the Blitzers and Lions lose. If the Lions win but the Blitzers lose, they can get in with enough of a swing in TD difference. But they definitely need to win.

It is technically possible, but highly unlikely, that the Uzkulak Marauders can qualify for the Cup. It would require a win and all other results to go their way, with enough of a TD difference swing.

The Lyonesse Lotharios are playing for pride at this point.

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2013 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

It wouldn't really require a TD difference swing for me to get in. if Barak Varr, Black Mountain and L'anguille ALL win their matches, and I win mine, Barak Varr is first, Black Mountain is second, and after that I tie with L'anguille at a 50% win rate. All other teams in the conference would be under 50%. I already am leading L'anguille in TD differential, so I'd just have to hold on to that lead, which I'd suspect I would if I win.
gjopie

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2013 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Drrek wrote:
It wouldn't really require a TD difference swing for me to get in. if Barak Varr, Black Mountain and L'anguille ALL win their matches, and I win mine, Barak Varr is first, Black Mountain is second, and after that I tie with L'anguille at a 50% win rate. All other teams in the conference would be under 50%. I already am leading L'anguille in TD differential, so I'd just have to hold on to that lead, which I'd suspect I would if I win.

True. My apologies. I've probably made a number of mistakes!

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2013 - 00:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Ive been pretty lucky so far, but I cant expect my opponents to roll double skulls forever, or can I? haha.

It is significant that cas and tds are much higher in the Bretonnian conference, which means the winning team there will be more developed than the Albion challenger.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2013 - 05:29 Reply with quote Back to top

gjopie wrote:
We're into the final round in the Bretonnia Conference!...

Black Chasm Rush vs New Bretonnia Expatriates
A meaningless rematch! Neither team is in contention for anything. Should still be a good match though!

I wish I could shout some smack, but this pretty much sums it up.

Next season WILL be different, so strap up!

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Winni

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2013 - 12:20 Reply with quote Back to top

uzkulak wrote:
It is significant that cas and tds are much higher in the Bretonnian conference, which means the winning team there will be more developed than the Albion challenger.

Wasnt Albion meant to be the "tuff" conference?

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2013 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Winni wrote:
uzkulak wrote:

Wasnt Albion meant to be the "tuff" conference?

I think it has something to do with the 3 AV 9 teams in Albion, and things like my CDs still having zero cas after 3 games.
Drrek

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2013 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I might be out of the playoffs, and I might have just lost a Bull to a perm, but my other bull rolled a +ST, so the Marauders' future is looking bright.
 Jump to: