23 coaches online • Server time: 06:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ben_awesome

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2021 - 07:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Is the piledriver a bonus foul action from the skill or is it your one team turn foul?

Thanks
SkittleMosaic

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2021 - 08:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I think we need to play it as the latter until we get an errata/faq, which is a shame because it makes the skill useless and is a big deterrence to rolling random Strength skills.
sebco

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2021 - 08:11 Reply with quote Back to top

For me, it is a bonus foul action : in same turn, you can take your foul action with a player then foul again with one player with Pile driver skill (who can be sent off normally if he rolls a double).

That's what means "free foul" in Pile driver skill description, according to me.

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2021 - 08:22 Reply with quote Back to top

The above makes sense as you could have multiple players with the skill if rolling randomly and the interpretation above allows multiple use of the skill.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2021 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree... it allows multiple fouls in one turn as long as you're willing to risk the send off.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2021 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I remember goin' round on this and coming up with "it's a bonus foul, doesn't count for your one foul per turn," but I don't remember why that conclusion was reached.

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2021 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

What's a real shame is that Pile Driver ends that player's action. What would have been hilarious would have been Sneaky Git/Jump Up/Pile Driver synergy - blitz somebody, knock them down, kick them in the teeth and then run away again - but I can dream of that showing up in the 2024 ruleset Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2021 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, so Pretty Woman is definitely saving up for Pile Driver.

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2021 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

If we are counting this as a foul, and I think we should, and it can be taken on multiple players, then is it theoretically possible to do 11 fouls a turn?

Can someone let neilwat know please? he can now more easily break his own record for number of fouls at a one day tournament.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2021 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Probably only a need for pile driver if you are the rare coach who fouls a lot? Even people with dedicated foulers like JR's above often only fouling once or twice per match. If you don't mind a few folks getting sent off then fill your boots.

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2021 - 01:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Best skill on a Deathroller by far. Comes with Jugger, just use a Piledriver blitz every single turn. Boom. Player removal.

Remember folks, 170k secret weapons get sent off anyway, may as well give the ref an excuse. Not like you can cage-break with him any more, so just smash stuff.

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2021 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I only foul every other turn, but only because I haven't figured out how to foul in my opponents turn
argos_72

Post   Posted: May 25, 2021 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

ben_awesome wrote:
Is the piledriver a bonus foul action from the skill or is it your one team turn foul?

Thanks

This has been clarified into the last Designer's Commentary (MAY 2021)
https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/3S3PZe9L4TKG5hCE.pdf

Page 4 (at the beginning)

Q: The Pile Driver skill states that the player performing the Block action may then perform a ‘free’ Foul action against the Knocked Down player. Does this ‘free’ Foul action mean that it does not count towards the team’s one Foul action per turn, or does it mean that the player can perform this action for free?(p.80)

A: This means that the player may perform this action for free. This Skill cannot be used if the team has already used their Foul action for that team turn, and if used will mean that another player cannot also make a Foul action during the same team turn.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: May 25, 2021 - 11:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Whilst I think this is a balanced approach game design wise, I was looking forward to some serious foul records being broken! haha
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: May 25, 2021 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Does that means you cant do two Piledrivers in the same turn either?
 Jump to: