60 coaches online • Server time: 21:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
uzkulak

Post   Posted: May 04, 2013 - 02:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, so excited doing my victory dance that I tripped over the dog Smile

c'mon Albion in the Shield, you can beat those Beastly Bretonnians!
gjopie

Post   Posted: May 04, 2013 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

uzkulak wrote:
Ah, so excited doing my victory dance that I tripped over the dog Smile

Yeah, enjoy it this season - next time, I'm going to go one better!

uzkulak wrote:
c'mon Albion in the Shield, you can beat those Beastly Bretonnians!

Absolutely.

Post   Posted: May 04, 2013 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Drrek wrote:
Well only 1 of the 6 I predicted to make the Challenge Cup made it (although I'd like to point out that (despite the coach's questioning of my prediction) the team I accurately predicted got the exact record I predicted) so so much for my predicting abilities.

Oh well, better luck next season!

Maybe we should have an official prediction competition next time?

Post   Posted: May 04, 2013 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I think its great that we have a new team in the finals of each conference.

Post   Posted: May 06, 2013 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Winni wrote:

Congrats to the Exiles who played a great first season!

Thanks! I think a special mention should go to the Team Wizard, who had a great season. The joys of being the big underdog!
sann0638

Post   Posted: May 09, 2013 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Gazzatrot and I are playing tonight around 2200 BBtime in the cup semi-final. Specs welcome!

Post   Posted: May 09, 2013 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

sann0638 wrote:
Gazzatrot and I are playing tonight around 2200 BBtime in the cup semi-final. Specs welcome!

Great, looking forward to it. I'm sure his orcs are tired after our epic over-time quarter-final, so you should be able to take advantage!

Post   Posted: May 09, 2013 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Postponed...

Post   Posted: May 21, 2013 - 11:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations to the Black Mountain FORC'ers and the Barak Varr Goldlords for making it to the final of the second Challenge Cup. The FORC'ers have managed to grind out two over-time victories, while the Goldlords are relatively fresh, having beaten their previous season's record of the semi-finals. Who will be able to take the final step to glory? Rumour has it the game is scheduled for tonight.

Congratulations also go to IFK Marienburg, who won their ICS match for the Bretonnia Conference. The rest of the teams have until Saturday to play their games; get them played, or the Bretonnia Conference will win by default and IFK will get the Royal Pardon automatically!

Post   Posted: May 21, 2013 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

We are indeed scheduled for 9pm BB time tonight. Contrary to popular trend I ask that people in fact don't watch, if you must please then leave your rocks at home... It makes my Goblin nervous.

Post   Posted: May 21, 2013 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

We have played half of ours (myself and Smeat) and will hopefully finish up tonight.

Post   Posted: May 22, 2013 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

A massive congratulations to uzkulak and the Barak Varr Goldlords for winning the second Old World Challenge Cup!

It's currently 1-1 in the Shield. Get your games played over the next 3 days please, then we can move on to friendlies/the draft/next season! I'm already planning my revenge on the Goldlords...

Post   Posted: May 29, 2013 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

After a successful expansion period, please welcome our new teams: the Amazon Isle Rangers (Amazon), the Hendaye Harlequins (Pro Elf), two wood elf teams (the Laurelorn Foresters and the Wardens of Tettoverde Wood), the Saphery Titans (High Elf), and the Serpents Coast Scavengers (Lizardmen).

Old teams: if you haven't got any tackle, now might be the time to get some!

The process of the draft will now begin behind the scenes; continue to play your friendlies (up to your allowed amount - shown on the tournaments page) while this goes on. Provisional deadline is Sunday 2nd June.

Also, please note that as we have 20 teams now, next season's conference stage will be extended to 5 games.

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2013 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

The dwarves from Barak Varr and the dark elves from Tuarec have spent the weekend deliberating, and this is what it comes down to: The OWCC Draft. The Royal Pardon holders are still deciding whether to use their option to switch conferences, but pending their decision, here are the results of the second OWCC draft.

Round 1
Grey Mountains Deep Evil automatically drafted to Albion
Amazon Isle Rangers drafted to Albion
Sylvania Bonegrinders transfer to Bretonnia

Because the Tuarec Exiles won the Bretonnia Conference in their rookie season, the new dark elves on the block were automatically assigned to the rival Albion Conference. Can they emulate the Exiles success in what is unofficially becoming known as the "Goldlords Conference"?

With their first draft picks, the dwarves (unsurprisingly) drafted the new amazonian team to the Albion Conference, while the Sylvania Bonegrinders were transferred over to the Bretonnia Conference for their second season in the league.

Round 2
Saphery Titans drafted to Albion
Serpent Coast Scavengers drafted to Bretonnia
New Bretonnia Expatriates stay in Albion

The Goldlords drafted a third rookie team into the Albion Conference with their second pick in the Saphery Titans. The Exiles responded with another of the rookie team, the Serpent Coast Scavengers, which ensured that the Expatriates will stay in the Albion Conference this season (the first non-rookie team added to the Albion Conference).

Round 3
Hendaye Harlequins drafted to Albion
IFK Marienburg stay in Bretonnia
Morgheim Minions transferred to Bretonnia
Uzkulak Pirates automatically transferred to Albion

Yet another rookie team went to the Albion Conference in the third round, as the new elves of the Hendaye Harlequins were drafted by the dwarves (who must be looking forward to playing elfball next season). This meant that IFK Marienburg remained in the Bretonnia Conference for their third consecutive season (one of only three teams to do so). Then the two Pact teams switched conferences, with the Minions going to Bretonnia and the Pirates transferring to Albion. But remember, the Minions have the Royal Pardon up their sleeve, so may decide to jump ship.

Round 4
Wardens of Tettoverde Wood drafted to Albion
Laurelorn Foresters drafted to Bretonnia
Nidhoggstad Icedragons transferred to Bretonnia

The two new wood elf teams were assigned conferences in the fourth round, with the Wardens starting their league careers in the Albion Conference and the Foresters drafted in to the Bretonnia Conference. After that, the norsemen from Nidhoggstad were transferred over to the Bretonnia Conference.

Round 5
Darklands Graverobbers transferred to Albion
Luccini Renegades stay in Bretonnia

By this point, there were no rookie teams left, so the dwarves transferred the Darklands Graverobbers in to their Albion Conference. The Luccini Renegades were then re-signed for the Bretonnia Conference for their second season.

Round 6
Uzkulak Marauders stay in Albion
Black Chasm Rush transferred to Bretonnia
Black Mountain FORC'ers stay in Bretonnia

With their final picks, the two captains chose the Uzkulak Marauders for the Albion Conference (one of the other teams who will have spent three seasons in the same conference) and the Black Chasm Rush transferred to the Bretonnia Conference (possibly something to do with being the only team to stand up to the Goldlords last season). Finally, the massive Black Mountain FORC'ers were reluctantly re-signed for the Bretonnia Conference, ending this season's draft.

We are still waiting to hear from the Morgheim Minions about whether they will switch conferences or not. But as things stand, who got the best out of this season's draft?

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2013 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

If these Minions switch, do they choose who they replace?

Jump to: