Many of you think this tournament is over. Well, the end times
resulted a lot fewer teams to attend to the upcoming football World Championship Series
. However even these dark days the event must be organized!
To make you coaches of the world interested I reveal the format of Season III. This time, there will be three conferences, Badlands, Empire, and Rest of the World (RW). Teams are classified to their conference by fluff. This let some flexibility to the organizers. For example, a Necromantic team could be put to Empire as well as to RW.
Badlands and Empire conferences are going to have eight teams in two divisions, named high (H) and low (L). Highest four TW teams are selected to the high division. Teams play home and away in their division which result six matches for each in the regular season.
The format of RW depends on the number of teams there:
- 4: one division (X), home and away matches
- 56: one division, home matches plus the needed number of away matches decided randomly
- 7: one division, home matches
- 8+: two divisions with format (4,4)/(4,56)/(56,56)/(56/7)/(7/7)
- 15+: a new conference (nation) is going to get revamped
At the end of the regular season we split the teams by TW to high and low brackets. The KO playoffs are consists of eight teams, thus the high and low branch will have 4-4 teams. This leds an L and a H team in the finals.
The L and H division winners are going to their matching branch. An X division winner goes to the branch matching the bracket it is in. The remaining wildcard teams are selected from the matching brackets by the following order: W/D/L record, head-to-head, TDΔ, CasΔ, TD, Cas, coin toss. This order also determinates the seeding, though division winners have priority over wildcards.
Optional league rules:
- Default: Piling On allows coach to reroll injury rolls; Right Stuff prevents the Tackle skill when blocked
- Badlands: Fouling is done with +1 to the armour roll when the fouling player is not interfered; Banned Sneaky Git players sent to KO box instead; 100k extra gold to spend on inducements (bribe, babes or apothecary only)
- Empire: Enable Overtime (coin tosses are regarded as draws)
- RW: Fouling is done with +1 to the armour roll; Sneaky Git functions like Guard on foul assists
Playoffs are hosted by a random location (conference) and inherits its rules.
I hope you will like the new system. With more teams in the future we can have more conferences again. Even an NFL-like
system is possible with cross-divisional games, and more.
However, get back to the current season! If you like the format, then don't miss it! You can still join until this post gets over the 10th place!
Currently we can accept almost any [L] teams old or new, though newly applied orcs and goblins are going to RW. Old teams should have a fair history and a TW less than or equal to 1800.
Applicants should trust organizers that they do their best in distributing the teams to the conferences. In subsequent divisions we will also try to not force teams to another conference.
We will play in a 10 days turnaround.