After a hugely successful and exciting first season of the Box Trophy
where coaches fxiii
ended up with a tied first place, I am excited to announce the start of season 2.
A few minor changes have been made to the format as follows:
- The number of matches per team has been lowered from 40 to 30.
- Slann now costs 1 point instead of 2.
- Norse now costs 2 points instead of 3.
- Highest score for the race gives 1.5 points instead of 2.5
- An additional bonus of 1 point is given to teams for each 10 matches they play (up to the max 3 points for playing all 30).
While no further changes have been made to this, there has been a fair amount of change in how the system functions. As with any other change of code, this may have introduced some bugs and if you run into any, please feel free to get in touch and let me know.
The final standings from season 1 are somewhat hidden from the site now, but they are not lost. I just have to get around to adding the ability to view old seasons.
For those of you who are interested, the total of games played by teams involved in the first season were 13 300 (although some of these were naturally two trophy teams vs each-other). I encourage everyone to try it out, even if you are not able to complete all the matches.
Let's see if we can get a higher total for season 2!
has made a quick video summary to get you started. Check it out on YouTube